Le Mans 24 hours are behind us, so it's official : summer is here !!! And here, everyone who says summer, thinks "what kind of contest SMCars has thought about ?".
Here's the 2010 official contest for this summer : SMCars goes topless !!!
The idea is really simple : model and render a roof-less car. Any roofless car can apply : convertible (no matter soft or hard top), targa, spider, roadster, etc. You can even make your own from an existing model, or design an all-original concept.
Rules are the following :
- Any car you want. Existing model or a concept or your own design or inspired from a comic or... You got the idea I guess.
- This car must be able to go topless : no matter if the roof is fabric or hard-top, no matter if it can be hidden inside the car or fully removed from it and put into the garage. A roadster without any roof or a plain old convertible where roof is just folded are fine, too.
- No limits about modeling job (high poly, low poly, next gen model with normal maps...), no limits about texturing job (any number of textures, any size...), no limits about rendering job (GI, radiosity, ambient occlusion...) and of course no limits about software.
- Model has to be created from scratch, with absolutely no use of any existing element of your old work or somebody else’s.
- No teaming up. This must be solely your own project.
- A WIP thread must be created and properly updated during the contest, in the dedicated section : SMCars goes topless : the 2010 Summer contest - Scratch Made Cars - Car Blueprints Forum. SMC team is allowed to disqualify a contender showing too few updates. You must prefix your thread name with "Topless : ".
- For final entries, must be rendered two main shots showing off the model at it's best angles. Studio renders would be fine, however creativity within renders is advised. Remember it's summer, but some crazy folks loves spider under the snow.
- The time by which you must have your creations finished and renders uploaded in the to-be-opened dedicated thread is the 15th of September, 23:59:59 (11:59:59PM) GMT. 3 months, period.
The dedicated section for WIP threads is here : SMCars goes topless : the 2010 Summer contest - Scratch Made Cars - Car Blueprints Forum
You want to make sure your idea is acceptable ? You want some explanation about the rules ? You want to say you're in ? You just want to say hi ? Please post below \o/
Enjoy the summer !!!