1964 Marcos 1800 GT

tom120934

Administrator
I've been requested by the Historic GT & Touring cars mod project for rFactor to supply them with my Marcos 1800GT. I answered positively to their request, because I found their project really interesting and concrete.

I just can't imagine to supply them without sharing the model with SMC, so here it is ! The first model ever (as far as I know) of this car, and even the first (as far as I know) contest-winner model to be shared ! Please pump up drums volume !

Ok enough of rag, here's the blender file. Speaking with Blender words, it's packed, that means all textures are embedded within the .blend file. Except the HDRI used for rendering of course, for rights and size concerns.

Some words about the usage I've done of Blender layers in this file :
- Layer 1 : wheels and all small details on the outside
- Layer 2 : blueprints
- Layer 3 : interior
- Layer 4 : parts making the interface between interior and outside
- Layer 5 : main body
- Layer 11 : cameras
- Layer 12 : rendering scene

In order to produce the render I submitted as final entry, just make sure only the layers 1+3+4+5+12 are active, then render it with YafRay 0.0.9. Be warned, you need to use a old version of Blender, because newest aren't compatible anymore with YafRay. If I remember well, you need to use 2.44 or before.

This model of a Marcos 1800 GT by Thomas Baron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.

Edit : this model is now available for download on my website : Free models « Pixels or Atoms ?

Cool, I guess some sort of congratulations are in order, it's always nice to be appreciated.

love the era and type of cars they want in their mod, must also say that it is looks ambitious, from the first post in the info thread.

and Thank you so much for your generous sharing of your model - now I will try to learn by spying8) screenshorts of meshes say one thing but actually being able to rotate the model I think(hope) is even more beneficial.