2008 Freightliner Cascadia

I thought it might be fun to join this contest since I didnt model any semi truck yet and I could use it as a prop in my New Jersey scene. Ive chosen the Cascadia, one of my favorite semis. Its just a great looking truck.:D Itll get a Wabash DuraPlate trailer, atleast itll be the trailer mine will be based on.:)

Im not planning to model a highpoly model for the whole truck, but I might model highpoly versions of selected parts where it makes sense. Rest of the normalmap detail will be added via nDo and photoshop.

There are no blueprint available (only found a sideview of the cab in some pdf) so Ill have to use lots of references. The low polycount should make things easier tho. If you have any blueprints or might have other useful information or references please reply here or send me a PM.:)

Attachments

Yeah, I wanted to continue working on the street scene for my portfolio (modeling buildings) but I only have my notebook here for the next couple of weeks. Its impossible to use max and google streetview at the same time on that small screen, so I decided to do something else I could use for it. :) That truck contest came in quite handy, the polycounts are pretty similar to the other vehicle props Ive been modeling for it. :)

Alright, first update! Its not easy to get all those curves right without anything else than a sideview but its turning out quite well I think :)

The photo helps a bit tho. Just got alot of perspective in it.

Attachments

Put a couple of hours of work in it today, heres the result. :) Polycount is a bit over 5000 tris without wheels at the moment but theres quite alot of space for optimization of the mesh so it shouldnt be a problem to get it under 5000 tris even with added mirrors and doorhandles. :)

However I now decided to model a highpoly for of the whole truck (itll be the same model with addition supporting edges and details), I think Im gonna start it tomorrow.

Attachments

Added some details like mirrors and headlights to the lowpoly and started the highpoly in the screen which is actually like said the lowpoly with additional details.:)

Attachments

Alright, heres my work from friday and today. The highpoly and lowpoly models are done. Next step would be unwrapping the lowpoly model.

Pics made with xoliuls shader. :)

Attachments