Ball over the table

Discussion in 'WIP Critique: Miscellaneous' started by guile, Jun 4, 2014.

1. guile

guile Member

Hi guys. I have some problem with this render. I put one texture to this ball but dont fit really good. And i want to make it like leather but i dont know what can i do. And how can i do to make that those wood looks more realistic.

Thanks for your help :)

Attached Files:

2. sh00ks

sh00ks Active Member

Project Manager
    Short questions, but needs long answers :)

The texture on the ball seems to be shifted. IF the texture follows the geometry on the ball 1:1, then it needs some moving on the U and/or V planes.
    If the texture isn't 1:1, then stop trying, cause it won't fit ;-)

As for your wooden floor:
    It only has a texture in it's diffuse channel. It also needs proper maps in all the different channels like reflectiveness, bump, displacement, normal, glossiness, etc.

If these terms sound unfamiliair for you, you should take some time to investigate the internet for it.

Hope it helps you out a bit ;-)

3. guile

guile Member

Hi sh00ks. Ive follow one tutorial for this ball. I cant put the link here :( .
    But the texture dont fit so well.

With the wood material i know that maybe with bumps and more things i could make it better, ill loking for in internet.

Anyway i have some problems but my PC its a bit slow, and im thinking to change it for one iMac. Anybody can tell me if this is a good idea ??