Blue Metallic Paint

EquiNOX

Spending few hour doing test renders on carpaint with flake using SMC contributed maps with variety colors... Thanks SMC for sharing this so as my contribution I have included "schematic" info of VRay materials for 3ds max. This is for 3ds Max Vray, for users that uses other than VRay can try to use blend material or similar.

NOTE: To change RGB color from blue, use Photoshop HUE/Saturation adjustment tool and make sure "colorize" is ticked in. adjust color and saturation with slider until it suits to your need.

NOTE #2: To get paint look flecky or look realistic, make sure to add ACTUAL lights in scene such as sunlight or 3d application light source with strong intensity. HDRI wont suffice.

Please do ask if you have more questions.

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
Thanks for the time EquiNox and that little tutorial. I would do it very similar to yours. Will share it on facebook asap. The technique will work for any other renderer,too.

Cheers,
exidge

helicase

Thanks for the time EquiNox and that little tutorial. I would do it very similar to yours. Will share it on facebook asap. The technique will work for any other renderer,too.

Cheers,
exidge

hi exidge, can you share it on here too? I played with it, and basically did the same thing as equinox, I wonder how you would do it differently., thanks!