Brembo GT Calipers

Hi guys, I was lookin' around the net for a long while so far searching for the BREBMBO GT calipers. models and blueprints. I found some models but they not accurate. like they do half of them then symmetry them the way that make the front the same as the rear and left same as the right. which is not correct with these amazing caliper!
As for blueprints I found only one and it's not really helpful. but I tried to get the max out of it.
And so I decided to make one myself.
I tried to pay attention to the details as possible as I could. like the shape, piston sizes and distance on both the outer part and the inside :)

any comments and critiques are welcome :)

for today, I'll post what I've accomplished so far. (was a tiring day)

P.S: I didn't now where I should post this since it's not a "car" so I think this is the right place!
if not, please let me know :)

Attachments

Hey guys, here's is the update for today. I'd say it's like 95% acurate! what do u thing?
there's still a lil work to do on the buttom to match the real thing. but as for my purpose this is more than enough.
so I decided to not go further with it. I'll consider it complete as it is like this.

here r some update pics. tomorrow will be materials work ;)

Attachments

very good job i modeled these a while ago on one of my projects but it wasn't as good as yours, would love to see a clay render of it... keep it up

sh00ks

I love brake callipers!! Brembo GT's are sweet!

like your modeling!
I have to admit I can't agree with the 95%s-statement, with all respect ;)

First off: your callipers look 'organic' in stead of metal piece. The edges need sharpening on the entire model. (green)
Second: you have a lot of N-gons and tries in the places where the mesh flows. This breaks up the smoothing flow and can be easily avoided in this model.(pink)
Angelhand - Brembo GT 01a.jpg
Angelhand - Brembo GT 02a.jpg
Angelhand - Brembo GT 03a.jpg
This one has nothing to do with the autenticity of the shape/measurements, but could 'sell' the model even more:
The rubber caps have an arch (blue) wich are straight as an arrow. Bend these a tiny bit and you'll see the model 'live' more ;-)

Hope it helps ;-)

I love brake callipers!! Brembo GT's are sweet!

like your modeling!
I have to admit I can't agree with the 95%s-statement, with all respect ;)

First off: your callipers look 'organic' in stead of metal piece. The edges need sharpening on the entire model. (green)
Second: you have a lot of N-gons and tries in the places where the mesh flows. This breaks up the smoothing flow and can be easily avoided in this model.(pink)
View attachment 156828
View attachment 156829
View attachment 156830
This one has nothing to do with the autenticity of the shape/measurements, but could 'sell' the model even more:
The rubber caps have an arch (blue) wich are straight as an arrow. Bend these a tiny bit and you'll see the model 'live' more ;-)

Hope it helps ;-)

Thank you so much for the tips.
I'll try to make them better ;)

yeah me too @ first couldn't get it. when I looked @ the reference pics they looked ok kinda easy. but when started modelling it was a whole different story.

but as they say, if there's a will, there's a way.