C&J Contest: 2nd gen Rx-7

alexL

so now that ive got some time on my hands im gunna put in an entry to this, im doing the 2nd gen mazda rx-7, sort of a tribute to my dads old rx-7 which he hadta get rid of when i was 13, it was still mechanically sound but rust got the better of it, so i figure ill do my final rendering of it on its last drive before winding up on some hillbillies lawn

i havent really gotten anything done on it yet but i will post some progress 2morro afternoon

alexL

anyways started getting the basic shape of the car going, a few issues here and there but ill figure them out eventually, more to come

Attachments

OldDog

hey man, great car ;)

One thing, are you starting to much things at a time?
Try to finish the wheels ;) then go on

an model is good there are some bumps, but you will fix that ;)

keep it up

alexL

thanks for the comment yeah thats just my touch of a.d.d. affecting my workflow i generally work on everything at once, and alot of time i find if i work on something then leave it and come back to it i notice details i might have missed the first time around

but anyways small update modelled the tire and added some details on the fender and the wheel gunna start on the pop up lights next, one of thems gunna be lazy :)

Attachments

OldDog

aha OK, by the way don't think i seed you need to finish wheels xD , now i see it looks that way.

its really good i like the rims ;) keep it up

alexL

thnx for the comment, wow 6 days :S time flies when ur busy i guess anyways little update havent really done much more but its got 4 wheels and its red, i havent touched the back yet but thats probably where ill move to next

Attachments

alexL

anyways back from my ski trip so heres what ive got cooking with this its basically gunna be a guy on a bike doing a tailtap on the roof of the car out of the bank, so ive got the car gunna add some details and the bikes more or less done then ive gotta make a person do some materials and yeah itll be ready to rock

Attachments

OldDog

good, good, good. like what you have there, and what you want to make , it's really intresting.

i have a crit for car side-mirror deformation it looks like it melted in a strange way, and yea that gives me an idea maby you can to the car like it was on fire, mean it burned,think it would look cool.

wish you luck on this one ;)

Completely remove the side mirror, leaving some wires hanging out. As if a skater crashed against it.

I love your idea, and it looks well executed sofar :)