C&J Contest : M35 "Deuce and a Half" Hot Rod

Wow, I haven't made a model for a long time (or been here for a long time lol) and since i love old stuff, I decided to do a rat rod style hot rod with the cab from a military 6x6, the m35 (because I actually want to build this car in real life too) for this contest. I probably don't have a chance though cause everyone else is like super pro and I don't even have a good program to render this in :D. I'm using zmodeler (wow funky eh?) and the model will be relatively low poly anywho, heres some pics.

Attachments

oops, I must've squeezed my jpgs to tight lol. heres some better ones, some progress too, I've got interior and the frame started. The frame is an early chevy s10 frame by the way, and yes I'm making it to look just like a real s 10 frame. (usually i'd just have some made up rails lol) Oh ya, and the wheels are just stand ins right now.

Edit: I built myself an engine! (a ford flathead to be exact). I put some wheels on it too, then i put it together. Everything is done to scale too, so this is how it would look with a un chopped or sectioned deuce and a half cab on an s10 frame with a flathead.

Edit again (strange, does no one look at this?): I chopped the top 6 inches and sectioned 16 also channeled it so it's 4 inches off the ground. and yes It's all to scale because I plan/would really like to build this sometime in the near future. Also does anyone know any free programs for making good renders? or any tutorials for rendering cars in bryce (thats what i've got)?

Wow no one must look at this, perhaps because it's hidden away in the rusty section. Oh well i guess I'll still waste my breath saying look at my grille shell!

Attachments

M35 "Deuce and a Half" Hot Rod

This here is a rat rod style hot rod with the cab from a military 6x6, the m35 (because I actually want to build this car in real life too). I posted this in the clunkers and junkers section but apparently no one looks there and theres like 1 reply lol.
Anyhow heres some pics, I'm making it in zmodeler so it's pretty low poly (that is if i redid the spark plugs and wheels, the plugs account for about 11,000 lol)

Attachments

I merged the two threads. If you don't keep your WIP in the C&J section, we will consider you out of the contest.

Also, it would help if you post your new images in a new post, rather than editing the 2 day old post. Else, people will never see you've updated your project. Hence no comments.

Oh, ok i just figured then they'd be like aaah doubble post! sorry for the confusion, I've been registered here for a long time but haven't really been on here alot lol.
I think after I'm done and i've redered it and made it pretty, I might adapt it for NFS Most Wanted, maybe have a few body kits with hoods and without maybe a supercharger lol.
But can you say engine textures?

Attachments

Thanks, It helped my dad realize how cool it would be in real life to so hopefully he can get behind the project and give me a green light to maybe skim a little from my PFD (a sum of money everyone gets in alaska for letting oil companies ravage our natural beauty, you've seen the simpsons movie) and do this thing! Anywho started my first render, it's just sort of a quickie since i haven't textured the frame yet but i wanted to see how well i could do for a render in bryce. its painfully slow, so slow, that heres what i've got so far lol. The camera is funky cause i accidently zoomed in somehow and can't figure how to zoom out so it's all wacky, but it's kinda cool actually.

Forgot to mention what my idea of this scene in real life is, a hot rod in a desert left to rust after running from the cops or somthing in the 50's, and apparently taken with a pinhole camera lol.

Attachments

It only looks good in pictures, it's really a type of desert, the tundra is, just moss as far as you can see but you can't see because the mosquitoes are eating you like a group of fat people who haven't been fed for a few days. But back to 3d, I started a render tonight, should be done by morning.

Well, that render rendered, I think it looks terrible! does anyone know of a way to make good car renders in bryce 5? i realize that program is made for landscapes and such but its what i have. Or are there any good free programs for rendering? Blender is pretty good, but the interface is made for people who have the code like memorized lol. For some reason it thinks im linking to the render from another site... wierd

Attachments

to be honest that render look horrific, you should try to find some tutorials for it or switch to a better renderer, i think there are quite a few free out there

Or are there any good free programs for rendering? Blender is pretty good, but the interface is made for people who have the code like memorized lol. For some reason it thinks im linking to the render from another site... wierd
You should really give a chance to blender, is fast, powerful and really good from modelling to rendering.

See the fantastic worf of Tom here :

Tutorial : setting up Yaf(a)Ray shaders - Pixels or Atoms ?

It's true that blender in a little hard to approach but the community is active with lots of good tutorials anywhere on the net.

Blender also can import a wide range of format, you could use it only to render, with the internal engine or withe the yaf(a)ray plug-in, a free ray tracer (see above one more time the work on the lambo!)

I tried it a bit but then it wouldn't even admit yafray was installed so then I was like whatever screw it, I'll use the built in renderer then i couldn't even find how to set the smooth angle! so my model was all wonky looking. But i might give it a second chance, cause yes bryce takes to long and looks terrible lol.
Oh man my status just got kicked up to coffe can muffler, all right!

Okay, I gave blender another whirl, and whoops! I over exposed it lol, so i just photoshopped it into an old photograph of when they were putting the car together (in the 50's) but the photographers were amtures (high iso film with normal shutter speed, tsk tsk).
Also, all the pictures here act like im trying to link to them off another site, so when i click on em it tells me not to leech off the site then automatically redirects me back to the forum post! what is the deal?

Attachments

Another update, this time a alright render, the engine looks great i think, but the scene is lame (and temporary) and the cab is eh. The engine won't be this shiny in the end though (after all this is Clunkers and Junkers)

Attachments