Carbon fiber material

sh00ks

Mk1 & Mk3 for me too. But tbh, it's still not 'real' looking, cause its missing 'something'.

I learned that good CF needs a proper map-choice regarding to bump, roughness/specular, etc.
Would you mind telling how you set them up in MK1 en MK3 incl. multi layering technique (if used)?

Mk1 & Mk3 for me too. But tbh, it's still not 'real' looking, cause its missing 'something'.

I learned that good CF needs a proper map-choice regarding to bump, roughness/specular, etc.
Would you mind telling how you set them up in MK1 en MK3 incl. multi layering technique (if used)?

I totally agree with u sh00ks. unfortunately, I didn't find any info on the net that could help me improve! and actually that's y I posted this thread.
so I'm trying all by myslf to make them look as possible as some CF pics I found on google.

as for the bump, it's just a bump map u'll find it attached. it's set between the value of 30 - 50 (Vray material).
as for specular, well that's actually one of the difficult parts of this material cuz I don't know what's the right value should be. I'm using a "falloff" map (prependicular/parallel) for the CF tiles in the REFLECTION slot. I tied to make use of the REF-Gloss slot too but didn't get good results so I discarded it.

Attachments