Clunkers & Junkers

Ahhh rust... The Cancer of cars. I personally have had to cut my fair share out of various clapped-out automobiles, and I'm almost certain a few of you have had dealings will some old beaters in the past too...

...so in celebration of the under-dog's ride, SMCars.net invites you to take part in our latest and greatest car creation contest, Clunkers & Junkers.

..."What is this 'Clunkers & Junkers' Contest?", you ask, sipping herbal tea in the back of your Phantom Drophead whilst adjusting your monacle... Well guvna, let us explain...

-------------------------

I Can See The Road Through The Floor!!...

Consider this an ode to all them down and out cars around the world, SMCars.net invites you to create a Junker of your own.

What we mean by this is that we want you to pick a car, wind the clock forward around 50-years for it and replicate what you think it'd look like after all that time of it being uncared for and unloved. We want to see rust-pockets, flaking paint, missing parts, cracked windshield and maybe even an arm hanging out from the trunk.

Contest Specifics...

- The modelling, texturing and rendering of one Clunker/Junker car. Car meaning it must have (or have had) 4 or more wheels, so no boats, bikes, aeroplanes, ect. This is Scratch Made CARS after all ;)

- Model is to be created from scratch, with no use of existing elements of your old work or somebody else’s.

- Model poly/tri-counts can be anything; low-poly, mid-poly, high-poly, it doesn't matter. Technique should still be excercised depending on your choice, eg: poly-flow, topology, texture-sizes if your model could be for a game, ect.

- Model is to be shown in the C&J WIP section, with the heading "C&J Contest: *name of creation*", and kept up-to-date as much as possible.

- Completed models to be rendered into two main shots showing off the design at it's best angles. Studio renders would be fine, however creativity within renders is advised.

- No teaming up. This must be solely your own project.

Get Thee To A Junkyard!!...

The time by which you must have your creations finished and ready for judgement is the 22nd of March. That's right, just over 2 months as of the opening of this thread. Prizes are as follows:

1st: Official SMC Gold Medal
2nd: Official SMC Silver Medal
3rd: Official SMC Bronze Medal

Get to the pannel-beating!!

tom120934

Administrator
Yet another interesting contest, I'm definitely not in because I have too much work to perform on my current project.

Good luck to every contender ! May this contest can be as interesting as LCA !

TomiL

The Land Cruiser Maniac
Q: Can the car be in un-drivable condition? Smashed, missing wheels, smashed roof and reeeeaallly rusty.

Of course, as rules say it doesn't need to have all parts connected. ;)

I think I'll join with Mustang '67 Fastback, abandoned to a shed or something

see thats what im confused about... in the instructions it says...

t we mean by this is that we want you to pick a car, wind the clock forward around 50-years for it and replicate what you think it'd look like after all that time of it being uncared for and unloved. We want to see rust-pockets, flaking paint, missing parts, cracked windshield and maybe even an arm hanging out from the trunk.

see i was thinking of doing something from maybe the 90's or even very recent. would that be allowed. as you say wind the clock forward 50 years for it, so it can be any car right?

I think they want you to be creative, and create a car that is near-new that wouldn't be found rusty and already seen as a junker, is what I believe.

So, take a 2008 Dodge or something and make it look like it was treated like garbage.

Although i think older cars are accepted...

I'm entering this, with a Lamborghini Miura that has been forgotten about.

EDIT: I've changed my mind, going to do a Ford Ka. I want to do a non-sport car.

I decided and do a rare Lincoln Cosmopolitan sedan 1949 model. starting digging some reference.....

edit: Oh yeah sitting on abandoned gas station somewhere in Idaho.

Rare cars are fun, no blueprints :D

edit: err correction rare and forgotten cars are fun, fewer reference.

I wonder how that Corolla still has all doors etc attached o_O

And nice choice Carface, abandoned gas station was one of the options to me aswell but I think I wouldn't necessary have enough time to model one. So I decided to make something easier like shed ^^

Hello !
i was thinking of joining also with a hippie-age VW van!

@carface: even the guys from pimp my ride wont touch that corolla pile of rolling crap :)