Clunkers & Junkers

OldDog

:D Nice contest think I'll fly in it whit something ;) still dunno what kind of car to make :/
ahh and my school just starts :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: ok so just a small question: do i make the model first and then turn it in to junk?
Or do I just create all the rust,and fall of parts right a way?

Lol talk about not touching it, You guys kiddin me, I might die driving this rusty Corolla and not from mechanical failure, but from tetanus! :D Maybe a super high decibel metallica or hip hop music can disintegrate this car in no time.

I am finishing up my Polara and Cortina for GTA mod im runnin behind schedule then this Cosmo in full steam.

:D Nice contest think I'll fly in it whit something ;) still dunno what kind of car to make :/
ahh and my school just starts :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: ok so just a small question: do i make the model first and then turn it in to junk?
Or do I just create all the rust,and fall of parts right a way?
Depends on what your car looks like. If you model a stripped cars with door missing. you dont have to model the doors.

But again do whatever you are comfortable. I suggest make a rough sketch on your junky car what it looks like or just imagine in your mind. :)

@ Jonas: I have to take caff-pow and redbull to get things done. I have to get my polara finish first then the cortina then...ill try to sqeeze this lincoln somewhere in between...AAARGH i need more CAF-POW! :D

Nice idea for the contest. I'm not sure if I have the time for this though.

A couple of years ago I've posted photos of a car that was deliberately modified to look like junk, but in fact it seemed to be in perfect condition. Here is the link:
http://www.smcars.net/forums/photography-discussion/11175-chevrolet-1959-a.html
To give you some inspiration...

difficult to see the origin but it could be Swedish. I believe it's quite big on the VW scene - in Scandinavia at least - known as Ratlook. Saw a pic once of a beetle that had been dipped in saltwater after being stripped down - only the body, everything else was pristine.

I might be in with a truck. I have couple ideas. Depends how long it will take me to finish off my current project.
I think it could be rather interesting to build the model in a normal way and then break the glass, kick the doors, jump on the cab roof, punch tires, what else could you suggest? ;)

Damn, is it really not allowed to use some stuff I made before? I have some of the modeling done on a scene exactly like this, which i REALLY REALLY wanna finish, and this gives me a perfect reason to do so. But I guess not?

The IC

uses too many smileys
Damn, is it really not allowed to use some stuff I made before? I have some of the modeling done on a scene exactly like this, which i REALLY REALLY wanna finish, and this gives me a perfect reason to do so. But I guess not?
wouldnt happen to involve a certain Bosozoku 240sx would it? :p

but no, youd need to start something new...its the most simple way to keep it fair

No it's something else actually :)
I just want to play it fair and ask about it instead of pretend that I only started just now.
Here's what i'm talking about:
Laurens Corijn | Jaguar XK Barn Find

Maybe I'll just complete it within the competition, but just not enter it. Participating is more important than winning after all :)

The IC

uses too many smileys
I wonder if i could enter with a 2nd car? i figured out im really a bit far with the manta to call it quits for the two-ten :/

- Rick.
so just to clarify...you want to do two entries at once, or do you want to remove your two-ten thread and open a new one for the opel? having two entries at once is probably a no-no, but youre more than welcome to start a new one if you didnt like your previous choice