Dodge Challenger SRT8 2008-WiP

Hey guys, I've just started of with modeling the Dodge Challenger..The shape looks ok but I think there might be some minor irregularities in the shape! o_O
So can someone please take a look at the attachments and let me know if I'm going good?! Thanks! Dents.jpg Dents1.jpg

Hey guys! Need some help..I'm a bit confused here! I wanna make the edge a bit sharper and pointed but adding an edge makes serious pinches on the upper and lower part of the vent...I somehow can't fix it...Any ideas what can be done here...Can't continue unless I find a solution...Please help! I have circled the "points of interest". Please find for attachments trouble2.jpg Trouble.jpg

Minde

Hi,
If you just started model, one thing i would advise you is do not rush to do details, I remember that was the main mistake i almost always made, take your time to lay down the wire frame and make sure you get the correct shape, don't turbosmooth stuff in early stage as in the first pics. And about the problem youre having is too low edge loop count, you working on quite low resolution mesh, and adding details causes bumps since there is no edge loops to support them. My advise would be make a solid base shape before adding details, take your time don't rush it.
Good luck.

Alright, the thing is I'm modeling since 3 years but I'm always weak in modeling cars..I thought I'll start detailing parts as I model them but I'll follow your advice though..I'll make a full base mesh first and then add the details! Thanks!:)

nawaz

thats right...get the base shape correct first then you can just add loops and alter d loops wherever u want later...you can shape this vent if you first make the fog light hole...ill tell u in detail later...msg me when your back home... :)

Update! The base mesh is almost ready..Modeling the part which holds the headlights..Idk what its called! Will be moving on to adding details now!
base mesh.jpg base mesh2.jpg base mesh wires.jpg base mesh wires2.jpg

Oscar J

Base mesh looks good apart from the A-pillar, which I think might need another row of verts to control the horizontal curvature - right now it's flat in that dimension.

Base mesh looks good apart from the A-pillar, which I think might need another row of verts to control the horizontal curvature - right now it's flat in that dimension.
Alright that means its lot more straight right now? I'll have to make it more rounded? I'll do that when there's still time! :p

Well, now that you have mentioned it..What exactly is it?! I have read it on a couple of WIP threads but that brief explanation wasn't enough to fit inside my head! :mad::(

Kangal

It looks quite good so far. I think thou the main side nerve is too soft and the upper/side nerve who takes place at the side of the back hood is too edgy.

@Kangal Hey buddy..I've just posted an update...I dint quite get which side nerve..The upper nerve or the main nerve which runs from above the wheel arc through the door and to the side of the rear..If you could just point out which one..and if you could provide with a reference would be even better. I'll double check it once again..Thanks for the crits. :)

Never mind, I got what you were talking about..I had to read your statement 4-5 times to grasp what you were trying to explain..lol sorry about being kinda noob! :p
Here is one more screengrab..Let me know if it looks ok..

Attachments

nawaz

Never mind, I got what you were talking about..I had to read your statement 4-5 times to grasp what you were trying to explain..lol sorry about being kinda noob! :p
Here is one more screengrab..Let me know if it looks ok..
This luks ok...check dat side "nerve" going towards d back from d side view...i think its nt making a straight line on the rear wheel arch...nt sure but it luks lyk dis from dis view...