[Good old 80's] 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
046? what's that? :grin:

Wires will come with the update I'm about to start working on.

Going to be adding a little bit more detail to the undercarriage, and maybe even starting the interior :eek:8) .. the interior is a maybe though. lol

I also saw one of these with its brake lights on, and noticed that the brake lights on the '87 and '89 are divided in half, with a light at the top, and a light at the bottom. So I've gotta update that, since that'll change the way the lights look when they're lit up.

I'm also going to be doing some large amounts of render tests, which may take up all the time for doing the interior. I wanna get my materials just right though... lol

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
I'll do whatever I have time for ¬_¬...

and getting the 1990 Ford Taurus and Rescue 911 Police Ford Taurus model kits may slow my progress down just a bit :p

There is definitely going to be an interior ... the question is, will I be able to make one for the contest or not.

At the very least, I'm going to do the "perfect black" interior that I used on my older cars (in my demo reel thread)

it'd just have silhouettes of the stuff inside, and be very simplistic. Because pure black windows just don't look right

But yeah, I really need to get into gear and do that material testing! ... I should start on that like ... within the next 30 minutes :p

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
I haven't been posting my updates as I should have been...

So here's a huge list of images in hopes of keeping my thread up to date:

ArtContent_Prog049.jpg
tail light shell fixed... maybe. Anyone got a good reference for what the inside of this light looks like? I'm wondering if there's really such sharp seperation in between the two bulbs....

ArtContent_Prog050.jpg
Wireframe

ArtContent_Prog051.jpg
oooo interior started!

ArtContent_Prog052.jpg
Front seat belts modeled out

ArtContent_Prog053-56.jpg
Another view

ArtContent_Prog057.jpg
Dashboard detailing

ArtContent_Prog058.jpg
Another view

ArtContent_Prog059.jpg
Steering wheel and column modeled out (the left side of the column isn't finished yet)

ArtContent_Prog060.jpg
as it looks in the vehicle

ArtContent_Prog061.jpg
LOL WUT

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
here's some pics that I didn't show in the final entries thread... the thing is a wee tad buggy since I rushed so much at the end... but especially since there's no interior visible here, I think it's safe to say, there's still work to be done :p