Good Old 80's Finale

Good Old 80's Winner

• 1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16v (wild_coyote)

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Alfa Romeo 33 (mihai_cpp)

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Aston Martin Virage 1989-1990 (Nik)

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Ferrari Mondial (sin5k4)

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL (multimediaman)

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • 1988 GMC RTS (schaefft)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright guys, here it is, time for everyone to click the number one entry to victory. vote carefully, and select whoever has the best entry in your opinion, the Ballots are open for the week, until the next Sunday, where the good Dr.Feelgood will be announcing the winner.

Comment at your will now.....

Nik

Tough choosing, but Sin5k4 and MMM have both excellent models.

Sin5k4:
I know your cars, lowpoly but exellent textures, perfect game model as always.

MMM:
Its boring :p but like Venom said 'You make a boring car looks good with that sort of skills', and also I have followed this car in the irc channel.

So my vote goes to:

Aston Martin Virage.

:p

MMM's Olds ;).

greenvampire

Super Moderator
Sin5k4's Ferrari has my vote,
The Modelling and texturing is flawless, and even though I usually hate ferrari's... this one took my breath away!

A close second for me was Multimediaman's Oldsmobile, excellent work as always, and the last couple of renders were awsome....
but, the ferrari just had the edge :)

I just had to go for Sin's Ferrari.. Not only is it the most interesting car out of them all, but it also has the best textures.
MMM came very close with his model, but his textures didn't end up quite as good as Sin's.. Of course the excellent renders make up for this pretty well, but after all I think Sin spent the most time getting his car looking that great.

Great stuff, everyone!

Voted Sin5k4´s Ferrari. The Olds is also very good, and the alfa has good potential (and so the rest!) But the great interior detail and superb accuracy do it for me in the Ferrari. The renders are kinda dull, but I think they somehow fit in - the model itself is the thing to admire here, not the render technique. Great job!

My vote was thrown at the Ferrari... Fantastic job sin5k4. The texturing is flawless. Brilliant work!!

If I could have another vote, it would be for that Bus, purely on originality. It shows outside-of-the-box thinking, which is the best sort of thinking ;)

tom120934

Administrator
First, congratulations to all the 6 contenders who made their way to the end. It's impressive how nice are all the models, and no one can tell "this one is ugly" about any model. With this contest, SMC shows an impressive average level of skills.

My two favorite models are the Ferrari by sin5k4 and the Oldsmobile by multimediaman. Sorry for the others, but there must be a finale :)

The Ferrari shows incredible amount of work on texturing. But I would really have appreciated that we see some WIP thread for it. The first picture of it was also almost the last.

This cannot be a critic for the Oldsmobile. We've seen an impressive level of informations on the modeling progress.

And last but not least, I value the overall impression given by a render. The 4th picture from MMM is incredible. The 5th is also interesting, with a really original point of view.

That's the reason why my vote goes to MMM.

Good luck to everyone for the contest. Keep working, you've all shown interesting projects. And keep us updated of your future work.