[Good old 80's] Honda CRX

VsQ

So, here's my entry for this marvelous contest. I've always loved this car and once I tried to model it, but didn't finish it. Made a fresh start (if you won't believe me, I can prove that I've had hhd crash) and this time I wish that I'll finish this.
But, to model: there's no chamfer yet, just made quick render. I hope this contest will get a lot interest, as it has showed so far :D
Well, here's my model then after few lines of prattling :grin:

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
well, the detail has definitely shot up from the last shot... I'm not very familiar with this vehicle, so I'm not able to give any accuracy critiques... but the gaps in between your bodywork may be a little too narrow

There may be some issues in the gaps too... but it's hard to tell if they're actual issues or just shadow/rendering quality artifacts

looks like a nice start of a nice car :)
please don't rice it!
are you going for accuracy with this car?
if so, we could use some proper (high res) blueprints for this car, we now have crappy ones ;)

the bottom part of your headlight doesn't line up with the bumper ;)

EDIT: you know you have to look out with this car, it has also been built in '91 ;)

VsQ

looks like a nice start of a nice car :)
please don't rice it!
are you going for accuracy with this car?
if so, we could use some proper (high res) blueprints for this car, we now have crappy ones ;)

the bottom part of your headlight doesn't line up with the bumper ;)

EDIT: you know you have to look out with this car, it has also been built in '91 ;)
I'm not gonna rice it 'cause it's not allowed by the rules. Can you explain better that what's problem with matching bumper and light, btw, bumper is just shape, not modeled it really yet. I upsized bps for this model, i can post bps here if you want. This model CRX was manufuctured from 1988 to 1991 so it's allowed to model it for comp.

it is looking good. On these screens you can check out the car much better. The only thing i have to crit is that the edge from the side running to the hood, hasn't got a good curvature, where it meets the seem of the hood. It's to sharp.

I'm not gonna rice it 'cause it's not allowed by the rules. Can you explain better that what's problem with matching bumper and light, btw, bumper is just shape, not modeled it really yet. I upsized bps for this model, i can post bps here if you want. This model CRX was manufuctured from 1988 to 1991 so it's allowed to model it for comp.
Actually I meant to ask if you are willing to make bp's of your model after you're done because the original bp is small, I think a lot of people would like that :)

here is the problem with the matching bumper/light:

It appears as if the light moves a bit too much to the front, the closer it gets to the bumper

VsQ

Haven't noticed tha ton my own, thanks for pointing. And here's my upsized bps, they are NOT aligned.
I'm taking christmas easily, so no updats from me during christmas time.

Attachments