[Good old 80's] Toyota Corolla GT-S TWIN CAM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom120934

Administrator
Please avoid double post, you should have edited your first post instead.

Anyways, there is not so much to critic on so far. So keep working and keep us updated as you progress.

uBd

I don't want to go into details everyone know which car it is.
It was born in 1983. This type of Toyota is calling AE86, hachiroku, Corolla, Levin, Levin GT, Sprinter, Trueno, kouki, zenki, Apex, GTS, SR5, 4AGE, red top, blue top, silver top, black top, small port, big port...and so on. This is the latest car of Corolla had got rear wheel drive.
AE86 was manufactured two kind of headlights(dipped and normal) and two kind of body(staged back(coupe), hatchback(liftback, fastback)). The most powerful engine is 140@7200(in the 80's), later they do a 165LE's version. You can find a lot of false information from AE86, but one thing is sure this car has the drift's creator.

I'll make it in low-poly.
Here is a small update.

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
you've got a very unconventional wireframe. Is that just due to the process you're rendering it with? or do you actually have all those odd-shaped polys in there?

If that's your actual wireframe, I'd highly recommend turning edges, for normals' sake... no pun intended

it just looks like all the wrong edges got highlighted in the render ^^

it looks like a messy/weird wireframe, but if you imagine the right edges where they actually are, then it actually comes nicely together.

tom120934

Administrator
I agree with previous comments : the wireframe topology is really weird, one can be afraid when looking at it. But the result looks nice. Keep it up !

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
yeah... in the end it doesn't really matter what your mesh looks like, unless you're porting it to a video game. And the truth is, the mesh here is probably fine. But software isn't always the expert at handling hidden edges in the mesh.

Assuming the actual wireframe looks like this, if the hidden edge is traveling up and down on those diamond shapes above the wheel, then that's going to give good results. But if they're being generated front-to-back, then you'll be getting strangely wide triangles, which can mess up shading just by being .02 inches off.

But yeah, if you know exactly what your hidden edges are doing, then more power to ya. I only suggested to change that because most of the time, people only associate hidden edges to be an editable mesh thing, and don't realize they exist on editable polys as well

uBd

mr.mean - You are dead right. But i use NFSCarbon m', not Underground m'. I use it like a 3d blueprint, the model what i show was wholly made by me. If it count to cheat, please disqualifying me. But i gonna continue it, because it's interest me.

if you look at the front bumper then the mesh seems to be awefully messy, because the wrong edges are highlighted in the render. i don't know what's causing that but it's really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.