Release Date: 23rd of February 2006
Polycount: ~10k

Programs and utilities used:
3D Studio Max 6
Jasc Paint shop Pro 9
Kam's Script
TXD Workshop
IMG Tool
SAgfxHack.exe (I recommend to use Dexx's gfxhack for better reflections, Download

||Uploading||
If you want to add my car to your site you're free to do it but remember to
give credits for me. And it would be nice to have email also so I'd know where
this is available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't take requests. My time is limited and I only do the cars what I want. If you're
gonna modify, use my car in a bigger mod or gonna convert it to another game please
ask permission first! I'll try to answer as soon as possible and will give permission most likely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [Car] Dodge Diplomat 1985 BETA

You need to export it to .dff as in VC too. There's script for 3DS Max and ZMod 2 which can do it

I am very interested in making cars for SA but I don't understand how do I conect dff with txd
And the dummies? What are their for?
I was looking for tutorials but theer is nothing about this for 3ds max?
can you explain me that

PS: Modeling isn't a problem

miksha said:
I am very interested in making cars for SA but I don't understand how do I conect dff with txd
And the dummies? What are their for?
I was looking for tutorials but theer is nothing about this for 3ds max?
can you explain me that

PS: Modeling isn't a problem
DFF's and TXD's are two separate files. DFF contains the model and TXD textures.

Dummies are needed to define where for example doors and wheels are. So the game engine knows where door opens etc.

DFF's and TXD's are two separate files. DFF contains the model and TXD textures
I know that
But how can I tell max that this texture goes to that mesh. How do I assign materials to mesh.
understand?
Are dummies names important?
On export I need to insert colision file (.col)
Where is that?

miksha said:
DFF's and TXD's are two separate files. DFF contains the model and TXD textures
I know that
But how can I tell max that this texture goes to that mesh. How do I assign materials to mesh.
understand?
Are dummies names important?
On export I need to insert colision file (.col)
Where is that?
Just assign material to the surface you wanna use. Lets say model uses textures.tga add it to material editor and assign it to model etc.

Later when all materials are assigned and model mapped, and you wanna add the car into the game you need at least two tools. IMG Tool and TXD Workshop.

With IMG Tool you add for example greenwoo.dff and greenwoo.txd to GTA3.img (remember to make backup of it!).

With TXD Workshop you can make that greenwoo.txd. Just add texture.tga, tyres.tga whatever you named your textures to the list. It's easy to use. Remember to use 256x256 or 512x512 etc. dimensions in your textures. Otherwise they don't look right ingame. Play with it bit open some *.txd file and look how it is built.

Col. file can be found from *.dff file. When in max import it from similar car (same size etc.) so the collision will work right

Dummies have to be named rightly. For example hood is named bonnet_ok and bonnet_dam in the dff. Dummy needs to be named bonnet_dummy. And again, import a car in max and look how it is made. Dummies are placed, named and so on.

I also suggest you to read Kam's topic in GTAForums. It's long as hell but you'll learn much from it.
Here ---> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=202924