HDRI Package #002

dave_3d

Super Moderator
Nice one, thanks. :)

The depth of field on the backplates slightly constrains the available positions for where to place a car in the foreground, and they exhibit a bit of vignetting - were they post processed ?

Here is a quick little test I did ...

Dave

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
Nice one, thanks. :)

The depth of field on the backplates slightly constrains the available positions for where to place a car in the foreground, and they exhibit a bit of vignetting - were they post processed ?

Here is a quick little test I did ...

Dave
Hey Dave,

nice render although it's a little too dark :) and the car is too big. On Prykies' image it's getting in the right direction (light wise) - but well maybe you wanted it like that. Anyway the backplates weren't post processed and focused on the HDRI position. The files are getting too big in raw, so we will use smaller jpeg for export. You should take care when editing the backplates in 8bit, the sky for example has lost a lot of white balance. You can move the car more back in order to match the focus^^

Hope to see more renders!!

Cheers,
exidge

Ps.: Duron did these renders quickly:

Attachments

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
Oh it's Duron's renders. BTW almost done my Bike, need to finish counter shaft and it sprocket, then will start working on materials. Will post updates today. Sry for small off topic!

dave_3d

Super Moderator
Nice renders Duron.

Thanks for the info on size and lighting, Exidge - it can be tricky if you don't have familiar items in the forground to judge scale. And also the general feel of the lighthing.

Quickly re-rendered.

Dave

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
This is an amazing output, just zoom in with the mm or scale the car :D It should be much bigger! Great work dude! Would love to see more images with this Bugatti!

I have attached an example of the size it can be. I can also upload a non disorted non vignette and neutreulized backplate in case you want it.

Cheers,
exidge

Attachments

Braiz

Holy cow.. That big??
Thanks for the example :) I'll change the image according to your reference.

btw. When you say zoom in with mm?? you mean just regular pan right?? Or else the focal length won't match the backplates...

I've already sent a mail to smc to get the backplates in raw.
High qualty work you've done on this package!