HDRI Package #004

exidge

Administrator
Hi! I would suggest you not to blur the background. This might be your AA filters doing so. In that case just save as PNG and combine the BG and the car together. Looks fantastic overall!

Edit: Just some more info to make it better you could compare the black colors on the backplate and the car you rendered out. If you match this and add a brighter sun, this will add a lot to your rendering. I would love to see some more =)

Cheers,
exidge

Thanks for advices, I'll try to implement them and improve this render...I'll do one render overnight ,and during the day tomorrow postproduction ,I hope it will turn out well

I improved the sun shadows (more sharper like on backplate image) and i hope that black parts on car are better now....:question:
But since this is not wip rendering threat I will not put corrections here because someone could get annoy .

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
Wow , that already looks much better. Looks more integrated into the image! I think nobody will get annoyed here,people like to see the process :) I really like this now, and the only thing I'm thinking of is the specular on the front of the car. This would look even better if you had a bigger specular spread of the sun on the paint. Thanks for showing!

Cheers,
exidge

Thx man if you like it then I know I'm on the right track :)......About specular from the sun that is exactly what I thought when I was worked on the post today...I I'm already working on that .............tomorrow expect another rendering :)

This is a little smaller resolution then previous...but I added sunlight specular to the car paint and plastic of the car like is on the backplate image on black rubber thing
I think that now car look more realistic ?

Attachments

Thx exidge, I might do with this plate ..... rotating the car and make renders from side or rear

anyway, great sets of HDRI and backplates ...I hope you will make more intersting sets like this and of course 002,003, are great :)

Hey guys, I'm just wondering, when you use a map without back plates (just 360*180).. Why is it so dark, I mean, every hdri that I downloaded from here is too dark, is there any way to correct it without mess the sun, BTW, I didn't have this problem with other HDRI's.. :)

exidge

Administrator
HI rulerz,

this HDRI contains of 16 different exposure images combined into one. It stores a lot of light information what means you can adjust on the first place the gamma and the exposure to get the desired result.

Cheers,
exidge

Thx Exidge for the explanation, I made my own 360*180 panorama with 21398x10699 dimensions and if you want I can upload it here? :)

Cheers,
Rulerz

exidge

Administrator
Fantastic work you both. The only thing jumps into my eyes is the exhaust pipe material. Looks kind of not natural.

Cheers,
exidge

hi exidge, thanks for the compliment. about the exhaust pipe material i made it based on this reference. i agree with you. could you tell me what can be improved to be more realistic?

hi Duron, thanks for the words. i tried to make the tire tread dirt, but i agree with you, looks like specular. even in the close that i'm posting here. i saw your bmw's renders and notice that they have a dirt tire tread. could you share your process to make it so realistic?

cheers

Attachments