HDRI Package #005

EquiNOX

EquiNOX great work dude! I love the backshot, there are some issues with the backplate and motion blur and also the windows. You can see different asphalts when you look at the front windshield. Can you fix that and the backplate motion blur on top of the image? Would be cool to see this as a final image! Edit: Noticed all the jagged edges around the car. What is that?

exidge
Thanks & Good eyes Exidge... That's what I need, Another good eyes.

Backplate... That's what I thought... I wasn't sure if that looks correct first.
Asphalts... I didn't realize it, probably issues between glass and ground plane.
Auoras/Jaggered Edge... Mo idea... Will try to find out.

Will fix, do touch up and etc... Will post the final.

UPDATE:
Jagged/Aurora, Stripline through rear/windsheild and the tunnelvision blur motion fixed.

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
Dude so damn realistic. Looks like VrayCarPaint :D You have some motion blur problems on the edges of the image.
Now make this car a Supecar and wooooom it's everybody's fave :D

Cheers,
exidge

EquiNOX

Duron: See attachment... Picture tell every words.

Oxydo: Great render nad the Paint looks great, I don't think it needs flecks. Is that VRaycarpaint mat?

Attachments

Thx guys for for nice words... i did that motion blur with virtual rig... still learning how to use it properly :(

and yes it is v-ray carpaint material and I love it :)......but I need to figure out how to adjust flakes to look good, in that last render flakes look more like TTS need carwash :)

TwoOneOne

Administrator
the matching looks good to me.

but for the focal length just check the exif data of the jpg, which contains the focal length, aperture and exposure and additional data.
the position is most likely very close to the ground with the camera even resting on the ground, this would mean: center of the lens 5cm or something off the ground.
and well the dimension, you kinda have to eyeball that, since there is no reference object in the plates.

hope this helps

the matching looks good to me.

but for the focal length just check the exif data of the jpg, which contains the focal length, aperture and exposure and additional data.
the position is most likely very close to the ground with the camera even resting on the ground, this would mean: center of the lens 5cm or something off the ground.
and well the dimension, you kinda have to eyeball that, since there is no reference object in the plates.

hope this helps
Thx TOO... I know about exif data but somehow do not seem to me that this image is taken with 50 mm focal length or i am wrong ....Is it possible to get such a DOF with only 50 mm ? i made test render with 100 mm on this backplate and car fits better in the composition hm ....is it 50 mm corresponds the 50 mm camera in Max ?

Attachments

exidge

Administrator
Thx TOO... I know about exif data but somehow do not seem to me that this image is taken with 50 mm focal length or i am wrong ....Is it possible to get such a DOF with only 50 mm ? i made test render with 100 mm on this backplate and car fits better in the composition hm ....is it 50 mm corresponds the 50 mm camera in Max ?
Hey Oxydo, I really like it. It's overall a fantastic base to work with it in 2D.
I think it works best ( post #52 ) in terms of position. Maybe you need to cut the frame (the bottom part) to give it more asthetic look and composition. The background looks a little to dark, that you can fix in photoshop adjusting the exposure and other things.

The backplate was shot with 50mm and I guess F-Stop 8 which produces the best quality image. There is so much DOF on the ground because it's very close like 211 said to the ground. Now imagine how much DOF it would produce with F-Stop 1.4. Also in 3DS MAX it also depends on the scene scale how the Vray Physical Camera reacts to DOF. The backplates have lens corrections which remove the lens disortion producing every lens. But all that doesn't need that much attention, you can do the same without the VrayPhysicalCamera. The VrayPhysicalCamera is IMO useful for full 3D Scenes and in our case there is no need to match all the Exif info in 3D. Just make it look believeable and that's what you did IMO.

Edit: Also a direct light from the sun wouldn hurt the diffuse channel, lighting only with HDRI seems not enough here. I also attached an image with the frame cut how it could look interesting.

Cheers,
exidge

Attachments