HDRI Package #005

Jpaang

*I want to say something I can't say on the forum... flipping* awesome. when I started modeling last year, I never would have thought of using great HDRI's like this!

Kangal

This car is an AWD, so the rear tyres are too wide (or the front ones are too thin), they should be instead almost the same size above all in a SUV like this.

I think quality of this HDRI renders is really
getting better with every edition.
In this Ferrari California render I tried to
make motion blur in vray instead of PS and I
must say that is painfully slow, I upped the
settings for MB pretty high and still is not
what I imagined to be. Gotta try with motion vectors
next time. Yes and great HDRI btw.

Attachments

Dan

Camaro animation

Hi Guys.
Here's a small animation I did using this HDRI package and my '67 Camaro model. The back plate was projected on some simple geometry to allow for a subtle camera move.

I don't do a lot of car renders, but I always wanted to try something like a burn out.
Animating two tons of steel on springs is way harder than I imagined..
Everything done in Maya, rendered using Vray and compositing in Fusion.

[video=vimeo;51287839]https://vimeo.com/51287839[/video]

Thank you for the nice HDRI packages :)

Hi Guys.
Here's a small animation I did using this HDRI package and my '67 Camaro model. The back plate was projected on some simple geometry to allow for a subtle camera move.

I don't do a lot of car renders, but I always wanted to try something like a burn out.
Animating two tons of steel on springs is way harder than I imagined..
Everything done in Maya, rendered using Vray and compositing in Fusion.

[video=vimeo;51287839]https://vimeo.com/51287839[/video]

Thank you for the nice HDRI packages :)
that looks awesome if you dont mind me asking how did you get the skid marks on the road.

Falango

Great job Dan, that looks great! The only crit I really have is the smoke. It's a little wispy, but it's very very close. I really like the subtle camera move, it helps bring more life to it.

Dan

that looks awesome if you dont mind me asking how did you get the skid marks on the road.
Thanks. :)
Since the back plate is projected onto some simple geometry it was basically a matter of drawing the skid marks from top view.
To determine where the wheels intersect the ground I used the animated wheels to emit some static particles on the road and then used that pattern as reference in Photoshop.
The skid mark animation was done in Fusion using simple polygon masks.

exidge

Administrator
Awesome idea and work! Looks like the car is rotating when it starts doing the burnout, usually that would never happen. Also it feels more like everything is happening too fast, too much smoke comes out too fast. Needs more weight , more a subtile effect when the car moves. Thank you very much for showing. : )

Cheers,
exidge

Dan

thanks exidge.
I agree, the animation needs some more weight. I didn't spend enought time on it, and frankly I'm not the greatest animator. I just wanted to give it a shot. I see all these great car models, but hardly any of them move. That seems like a waste :)
I did the usual series of beauty stills as well Chevrolet Camaro SS '67 - Imgur on a different set of backplates though. (Sorry, I know this goes in the wip section. Next time, I promise ;))