lowpoly contest: porsche 993

Looks excellent! Not an easy car I think and you seem to have gotten the shape all correct. Real nice job at the rims too.
Some remarks:
The front light look like they are flat, maybe move that inner vert a bit more outwards ?
You ought to chamfer the edge of your tires, the corner is too sharp now.
There are some tri's here and there that you can definitely merge, especially at the back.

clix101

Xoliul said:
Looks excellent! Not an easy car I think and you seem to have gotten the shape all correct. Real nice job at the rims too.
Some remarks:
The front light look like they are flat, maybe move that inner vert a bit more outwards ?
You ought to chamfer the edge of your tires, the corner is too sharp now.
There are some tri's here and there that you can definitely merge, especially at the back.
:p He said it all ;)

3879 polies but still lots to do. Please don't mind the low quality textures on the lights and on the spokes, they're temporary.
and thanks for the nice comments.

I don't think I'm gonna finish it in time, the weather outside is too nice.... Plus I suffer lots of pc crashes:p but here's what I got so far.

polycount is ~4850 can't remember:p

Yes man seriously, this is perfect work! The textures are also #1!
Very nice!
I see you model with ZMod 2? I tried once to change from ZModeler to ZModeler 2 but at that time i thought that it would take too long to learn and know that much about the prgram, that i know about the ZModeler 1. Does it have some new "very" good functions that the ZMod 1 hasn't?
Hope i don't ask too much and you have some time to give me an answer.:grin:

Greets
Zinni

plus of zm2:
-the extrude tool (extrudes a row of edges and faces with one move instead of using create>poly>strip and creating all by hand.)
-quad polys: not much of a use for games, but it looks much cleaner when you model with quads, and selecting faces goes much faster because there are much less faces:
-instant copy: while working on the left side of the car the right half is automaticly updated.
-uvmapper window is much more advanced. Same goes for splines.

Oh i see, gotta check this out. Maybe i could give the zmod2 a try when i'm done with the corrado...
Is modelling now easier or better, so can you model more complexer things with it, or is the modelling part except of the extrude and so help-things the same?
Thx for the answers! Keep that good work up!

Greets
Zinni