Lowpoly Contest: Porsche RS Spyder

Mimigu has decided to model the Porsche RS Spyder entirely based on refpics, no blueprints. Current polycount is 1034. Mimigu has modeled a Porsche RS Spyder before, but that was Mimigu's first model, and is of extremely bad quality. Therefore, Mimigu has decided to totally remodel the whole car. Mimigu has learnt more about car modeling, and Mimigu hopes that this car will be much better than Mimigu's first model. Being a noob at max, Mimigu has decided to use Zmodeler, although Zmodeler does not support quads. THerefore, Mimigu's RS Spyder would have more polies since there are only triangles.

XSImatrix said:
whats 2nd person!!! am i missing out on something in english class??

nice car, and good poly usage.
1st person - from the persons veiw
2nd person - from some one elses view about the main person
3rd person - not from any ones view, see's everything.
I just learn't that last week in YR12 English.

Good start on the model

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Mimigu said:
Being a noob at max, Mimigu has decided to use Zmodeler, although Zmodeler does not support quads. THerefore, Mimigu's RS Spyder would have more polies since there are only triangles.
a quad is merely two triangle faces. Face count, especially for low poly models usually refers to triangle count. It looks like it's turning out pretty well, and you get props for making something using no 'blueprints' too heh

thanks for the comments, I'll try to upload another render today if posssible.
I found that a good way to make a car look good is to use a wonderful reflection map and dazzle the eyes of the judge!

Here is an update render: 1162 faces so far.
I expect the polycount to jump tremendously when I add the wheels and interior though.
I still need to add the wings and the mirrors

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
I don't think rims are modelled spoke by spoke. Maybe a general round shape for the inner part.

About your background, the sand is taken from very close and the scale difference with your model ruin your work. You should either scale uuuuuuup your model or change background for a non macro shot !

The rims are, as tom said, just a round shape with good textures. And I am using Zmodeler, so I can't really make clay renders or etc of the sort, and if I import it into max to render it, due to the different rendering engines, the car would end up looking reaaaaaaaally weird. I tried to make the car reflect, but then, its not very visible.
Current polycount: 4328
I'll try to remove some unnecessary polies and then model the mirrors, and the driverseat. Then, I'll texture it. and, lo and behold, the Porsche RS Spyder!