Lowpoly Contest: Porsche RS Spyder

here is a little hint as to get bigger 'renders'. scale up the resolution of your desktop and then open zmod and shoot some printscreens of your car. i guess that would help.

ZM is a great programme, but you need to know how things work. Especially smoothinggroups. Try playing with those, would help a lot.

Also, yes, post some flatshaded pics without all materials and colours. And some wires would help too :)

I scaled up the resolution until it couldn't fit in my screen. However, any higher than 1680X1050 meant that the model couldn't be displayed due to exceedingly crappy graphics card. Not being able to fit in the screen meant that I can't see everything at once, making my work efficiency extremely low. Fortunately, I am able to turn down the resolution once after I took the prtscrns. I took a 1680X1050 printscreen, cropped out the toolbars, and sized it to around 1024X650 to cancel the pixelation effect.
I am aware that the polies in the headlights are too much, and the polies under the headlight covers are extremely messy, I'll try to fix these. Also, there are several hundred redundant polies in the tires which begs for deletion.

Comments and criticism are welcome!
However, here are the materialless flatshadings and wires. Hope you like them. Please point out any bumps and pinches you see so that I may correct them. Also, if you can, please tell me how to correct them.

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
hopefully you're not one who minds "draw-over" critiques...

*edit*

I also strongly recommend texturing this vehicle, rather than leaving geometry to define the details. I only say this because it looks like you are defining your paint scheme of the vehicle with actual geometry, like the stripe on the spoiler and stuff...

Blender is a free program, which has a rendering feature, and may also be pretty decent with uvw unwrapping... if you want to check that out.

I was going to texture the vehicle... :D
Thanks for the crits, I'll try to improve on the parts that you pointed out. However, it looks like its gonna be a lot of trouble to replace so many polies :p I'll bear with it though.

Please ignore the unsmoothed looks in the middle of the car, its a faulty reflectionmap. Also, one of the mirrors cannot be seen due to the interior of the car being the same color, but that will be fixed.

ZOMG, do something about that centre of your rims (scale all that crap together & merge), you can save like a 1000 tri's if you do it on all rims!! :grin:
You can also save some polys inside your headlights: why for example put 5 subdivs on length on a cilinder if you're not gonna use them ;) ?

After I cut down on extremely redundant polies such as in the headlights, the tyres, etc, the polycount is now 4349. Thanks for thinking that my model's polies are way above 5k!

Currently, I am working on the rear of the RS Spyder. Any refpics are super-welcome! However, much to my horror, I find that I may have to remodel the whole of the rear of the RS Spyder once I get the refpics :p

I'm with Silent on the details.
But I see your rear wheel is on the car at a large angle. If it's accidental I guess you'll just fix it. But if you're trying to make it look like camber, keep in mind that camber is only used for front wheels ;)

Mimigu said:
After I cut down on extremely redundant polies such as in the headlights, the tyres, etc, the polycount is now 4349. Thanks for thinking that my model's polies are way above 5k!
Well, it wasn't meant as a compliment, more like a concern.. As your wheels have a lot of polies, I can't find how this car is just 4,3k polies..

Rear looks nice, but yes; give us some flatshaded renders and/or wires, so we can see the detail a bit better ;)

Xoliul said:
If it's accidental I guess you'll just fix it. But if you're trying to make it look like camber, keep in mind that camber is only used for front wheels ;)
normally the rear wheels also have a slight angle. of course it's a lot less than the front wheels but they do have it too in the rear.