New member Saying Hello

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say hello, just registered. I would like to mention some amazing talent here in automotive space on this forums.

Very quick Info about my self.

My Name is Sajeel Shukla and I am from India. My primary background lies in broadcast and VFX and always have been a pertro head. Even in my young days always used to design cars. In University learn't how to model them in Maya, I know it's not as precise as cad like Catia or Solidworks.

Long story short. after many years of working through various job roles modeling, previz, look dev

I am currently working as Creative Director for "Happy Finish's" Indian branch.

My primary aim for joining the forum is to Identify best talent for car modeling, texturing and lighting. i.e a full turn key solution from freelances.

And also as my passion lies in automotive space along with CG get to hone my skills in modeling cars hopefully soon in a cad software like Rhino or Solidworks (this is a hobby)

Thanks for all the support

Regards
Sajeel Shukla

Prykie

He Sajeel, welcome to the forums. Im sure you will many a great artist here, and cant wait to see what you can do.

HI Pryke,
Attaching one of my old image.

Model itself is roughly 2 years old but the Desert image was rendered and comped some time last year after one of my trip to these salt flats in India.

Base model for EvoX was from evermotion but as one might notice I have done many mods to the model i.e front bumper, sideskirts, interiors, rear bumper, spoiler, roofscoop etc.

The project had orignally started with intention of only lighting and rendering, But once i started changed my plan and decided to go with street racer look.

Also attaching some earlier renders I did. One is standard sun and sky. The forest one was another test to see how far my home machine could go in terms of rendering. That scene is obviously full cg and there are billions of polygons. Took overnight render go get that image.

Hope you guys like it. Soon will create a thread in Completed work for all HF work that we are doing in automotive space.

Regards
Sajeel

Attachments

Last edited:

Minde

Like the car quite a lot, just in some places it looks a bit low poly. About renders, although I like chromatic aberration, but the one in a desert has to much of it, well at least for my taste, despite that I like this shot the most. About the forest taking billions of polygons, are you using proxies?, they could not only free some memory but also speed up the whole process.

Like the car quite a lot, just in some places it looks a bit low poly. About renders, although I like chromatic aberration, but the one in a desert has to much of it, well at least for my taste, despite that I like this shot the most. About the forest taking billions of polygons, are you using proxies?, they could not only free some memory but also speed up the whole process.
Hi Minde,
Of-course they are proxies or my system would have melt down lol :) I had a new system built with 16 gigs of ram back then wanted to test how far it goes. I am glad you like the car minus the too much use of chromatic aberration (guess i had got carried away back then ) and also the lo poly model.

On Monday I promise to create a new thread with latest work from my team that I supervise and in some cases work on.

Regards
Sajeel