PostapocalypticRace-[naMReg]

naMReg

I'm in!!! :D

I'm thinking about the concept, I have a rough idea about what I'd like to do, I'll post some sketches later on!!!

Let's get it on!!!

Cheers!!! :thumbsup:

naMReg

So, here we go. This is my entry. A modified Mil Mi-24 "HIND", with 2 Turbofans with more than 2000shp each. I'm giving it some tractor wheels to keep it on any kind of surface and, as the engine is on top of the helicopter, I'll give it some Ural military trucks machinery to make wheels turn.
Also it won't be the whole helicopter, maybe canopies (or just one) and turbines. The suspension and front wheel are still going around in my head, let's see what come up with ;)
The little guy was for checking proportions, he is 1.82 m tall.

The faction is multinational as this helicopter has been around the world for a while. I still have to write it down but at the begining the name "Siberian Bears" came to me :D

So, what do you think?

Attachments

Oh boy,this loks like a cool concept.I´m very excited how it
will look like.
good luck and i hope you will have as much fun as i have.
cheers

loooool , jesus christ, what are the odds, i did the same idea but only with cabin on UAZ.

so what now?

beacause i wanted to do nuclear powered uaz, where reactor and drivetrain is in UAZ section and driver and reactor supervisor are in MIL canopy

Attachments

naMReg

loooool , jesus christ, what are the odds, i did the same idea but only with cabin on UAZ.

so what now?

beacause i wanted to do nuclear powered uaz, where reactor and drivetrain is in UAZ section and driver and reactor supervisor are in MIL canopy
Hahaha, yes, it's crazy.
To be true, I came with the idea when I was writing down the rules of the contest with TwoOneOne. Mixing military equipment with farming devices. The ones who let us live our lifes and the others who may take it from us.

But I haven't been able to start until this week. I have to tell you that it won't look like yours in any way, maybe I'll just use the pilot's cockpit, the turbines, and not much more. The Ural machinery would be just part of the undercarriage, it wouldn't have been noticed as Ural's stuff if I hadn't pointed that out :p hehehe....

Anyway, if you feel unconfortable, I can create another cockit from another helicopter, maybe a Mil Mi-28, or even a Tiger... just tell me because I haven't started to model it yet.

Cheers :D

To be true, I came with the idea when I was writing down the rules of the contest with TwoOneOne.
its my fault i didnt wrote my whole idea at the beginning like you did, and i was worrying that you will think i stole the idea from you

to cut long story short, during writing this post, i realized that i wont be able to finish my vehicle in time,
so you just proceed with your concept, sorry for bringing up this whole subject

PS: if you want, i have engine from Mi-8 (Klimov TV3-117) at my job, and i can take reference pictures for you

naMReg

C'mon man, don't do that, finish your project, there's no stealing, we're doing different concepts, they won't look alike when we finish them.

If you take a look around, there are buggies being made, naked steel frame, offroad wheels, mean looking.... and they are completely different. We are using one of the most known helicopters around the world, there's no big deal.

Give it a try would you??? I'll keep an eye on your project so don't give up!!! :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

naMReg

Thank you so much skobe, I've been looking around a lot for these pictures!!!!

4 views of the rotor's engine, amazing!!!

Thanks again :D

PS
I have to say that the turbines shown are just the basic cilyndrical shapes, I still have to cut them off, and add all the stuff required for it to fly :D

EDIT
I have a question regarding instances, uv maps and texturing : If I create a bolt and, let's say, I duplicate it 500 times (using an instance)... if I edit the uv map of the original one and add a texture to it... would it be copied to all of its instances???

Or should I first edit and finish the original shape and then make all the instance copies required?

EquiNOX

I have a question regarding instances, uv maps and texturing : If I create a bolt and, let's say, I duplicate it 500 times (using an instance)... if I edit the uv map of the original one and add a texture to it... would it be copied to all of its instances???

Or should I first edit and finish the original shape and then make all the instance copies required?
Instances? Maybe you want to use copy instead. So you can have bolts that come at vary sizes shapes and etc. I don't know how it works in Maya, but here what I do in Max, I created single bolts/nuts, unwrap them using UV Unwrapper modifier, until they are flatten enough. Then collapse the modifier... Duplicate bolt/nuts as copy as many as I can. Hope that helps.

so many bolts..... imagine you have to reassemble this engine and the last bolt is missing, where is it, in the engine? :)

if you are happy with bolts as they are, then copying is good method, but you will want to use instances if you are not sure in placement of uvs, or you want to pull or push some vertices, where you modify only original bolt without of copying 500 of them again

naMReg

Thanks skobe, I checked them and they are slightly over 10 mm so.... cool!!

Here, a couple more updates. The piece above the air intake of the turbine is part of the gear system, after making the screenshot I noticed it was kind of overscaled, so I have to scale it down a bit.

The wheel is a big one, I wanted to put 2 tractor wheels together but maybe this looks better. I'll try to make a test with the double tyres and see how it works.

Cheers

Attachments