PostapocalypticRace-[naMReg]

Looking mighty cool !!.... looks like it should work out ...

With those two turbines you are gonna need some pretty good size fuel tanks ....

Looking great tho...

Tinpau

fuel tanks, i was thinking about barrels but didnt turned out good

in the mi-24 "cargo bay" which is L2.83×W1.46×H1.2 in meters, you can put 8 barrels of fuel (200l / 55gal). so its 1600l or 1296kg (1 liter of jet fuel can weigh between 0.75 and 0.84 kg. If you need one specific number, you can use 0.81 kg, which is roughly the average for Jet A / Jet A-1 type.)

at max power (1640kw) and Specific fuel consumption: 0.308 kg/kW/hr
i got that one engine is using 505kg/hr, more or less. not including weight of vehicle

naMReg

Wow, that's so cool.

I thought of putting some barrels behind the pilot's seat so the overall weight keeps centered. I have to double check it and see if it could work.

Talking about barrels.... what's the best way to UV map a cylinder without having distorted textures???

naMReg

Hey, I saw your first post before you edited it :p

I know that if I was UV mapping a low poly model, I'll do that, I'll put 2 circles and a rectangle. But when I use a smoothed mesh, the texture distorts in the unsewn edges.

Is there pelt mapping in Maya???

Hey, I saw your first post before you edited it
wasnt my intention, but it sounded a bit sarcastic, and smart ass -ish

dont know anything in maya, i always thought maya was 3d max with different UI and few more options (or other way around)

naMReg

wasnt my intention, but it sounded a bit sarcastic, and smart ass -ish
Haha, don't worry, my question was noobish so... My fault :D

Here, some updates, the new tractor wheels, still working on the turbine, I guess I got a little crazy about it, I should have made that with the cover.... and little Sasha is growing up so fast :D , still a long way to go :) But at least Barça won yesterday, last minute though :D sorry Celtic's fans :D

Attachments

naMReg

Thanx guys, but I guess I should have made, at least, a rough mesh of the whole vehicle before detailing parts. I'm so not going to make it :(

Anyway, the game is on until the whistle blows.... so, let's go!!! :D

Cheers!!!

Attachments

Goldenfrog

Even if you don't make it in time for the deadline you should still finish it anyway. Haha. The details are mindbogglng. Though I'm thinking there are a few too many bolts... ;)

naMReg

So sad I couldn't make it :( I'll finish it anyway.... Whenever the voting is over and we get a winner, I'll start a thread on the WIP forum :(

Good luck to all

Cheers

naMReg

Here it is, the turbine finished. I added a simple mia_material chrome texture and used SMC HDRi #4 to render it and see how it behaves with reflections.

What do you think???

It would look much better with rotten metal textures applied, hopefully :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Attachments