PostapocalypticRace - [Panesar]

EquiNOX

Excellent details, I like em very much... But this looks too clean as if its is going to be in market for post apocalypse events. Add some bends/wear and tear... Perfect part would be cage around tail pipes. Other thing, That rope strapped around tank doesn't look like they can secure hold it expecially that it lies rest on single pipe. Now,image about +100lbs, 20 gallon of fuel inside tank slushing and pushing in different direction during bouncy ride then rope gives up, your tank rolls off somewhere breaks off and leaks wasted fuel, leaving your vehicle with no fuel left and force you to hitch hikeyour ride to home?

Maybe add more ropes, chains, or welded steel strap to make it look like its 100% secured. Just food for your thoughts

Excellent details, I like em very much... But this looks too clean as if its is going to be in market for post apocalypse events. Add some bends/wear and tear... Perfect part would be cage around tail pipes. Other thing, That rope strapped around tank doesn't look like they can secure hold it expecially that it lies rest on single pipe. Now,image about +100lbs, 20 gallon of fuel inside tank slushing and pushing in different direction during bouncy ride then rope gives up, your tank rolls off somewhere breaks off and leaks wasted fuel, leaving your vehicle with no fuel left and force you to hitch hikeyour ride to home?

Maybe add more ropes, chains, or welded steel strap to make it look like its 100% secured. Just food for your thoughts
I agree, I was planning to add wear and tear, however I wanted to finish off the modelling aspects first. For example I keep adding parts to the chassis and have a symmetry modifier applied which is why that is too clean. The other parts I agree they need some roughing up and I'll do so once I've modelled everything.

I'm not happy with the way the fuel tank is secured either, I'll make a more robust contraption to secure it.

Prediction: since Panesar hasnt updated in 6 days, when he does it will be amazing and spectacular and when we see it rainbows and unicorns will flow out of the screen.

Really though, the anticipation is killing me!

--Skrips

Ahaha :p well maybe, not much on the car, but I have started on the environment. Currently learning how to use Linux and trying to stay on top of uni, which is why there's a lack of updates. Hopefully I'll have something to show for the end of this week.

little update. Not much time for this, so I don't think I'll be able to finish it how I want to be, but I'll try for sure. been mainly working on the turntable - although you won't see that till the end :p

Also unwrapped the chassis - never EVER doing that again.

Attachments

I knew he was going to bring the thunder...

Time for me to step up my game :) Also, i havent updated since ive been back from vacation, i just realized that. Enough talk; time to get back to work!

Good stuff Panesar, cant wait to see this one finished!

--Skrips