PostapocalypticRace-[patrick_gift]

Hi guys, I hope I'm not too late to join. This is what I've got so far, I'll post the logo later. There have been some really inspiring entries so far, good luck to everyone. Now for the lengthy back story:)

The Setting

After the great collapse, human civilization was thrown into a state of turmoil and anarchy. Conventional currency lost all value and fuel became one of the most valuable commodities. A group of five former high ranking politicians had knowledge of the Strategic National Oil Reserve, a stockpile of 700 million barrels of crude oil and refined petroleum fuels. Using their cunning they were able to put together a ragtag army and restore stability to the region now known as The Bastion, with the fuel as the backbone of its economy.
In order to maintain stability the five Lords had to ensure complete dependance upon them by the residents. All farming outside of the Lords sanctioned farms was banned. All produce was to be handed over to the Lords. All residents were to work for the Lords in exchange for peace, a portion of the produce and fuel to run their makeshift generators. Those who didn't want to live under the overbearing rule of the Lords moved to the harsh Outskirts.
The Lords saw a new threat begin to emerge. Their were Enforcers increasingly being out-driven by Outskirt illegals . There were rumors of underground vehicular races were these people honed their skill and improved their machines. The direct approach to obtain control wasn't working. They decided to institute an annual race, clean slate for every participant. As incentive the winner would enjoy a Lords privileges for that year and defend his title the following year. The track was to be the abandoned airport turned aeroplane graveyard.

The Faction
Kamorah and his brother ran an illegal farm somewhere in the Outskirts and enjoyed the high speed thrill of evading the Lords Enforcers . They traded with nomadic scrounger tribes for smuggled fuel, mechanical parts and knowledge salvaged form the old world. They would also routinely win underground races. One day Kamorahs brother was betrayed and captured by the Enforcers. Distraught, Kamorah planned to enter and win the Lords event because one of a Lords privileges was the power to pardon one prisoner. He approached from his friends from the underground to help him put together a race car, who later joined him to form the faction Hatari (Swahili for Dangerous.)

Attachments

that looks intriguing, i dont think youre late in entering the contest but you have less time as compared to others that already started. But all in all ill keep an eye on this model looks great

Ive decided to take a step back and finish blocking out some shapes, wanted to show what I was going for. Most things are placeholders including the wheels, except yellow clad stig he's final:p. Currently working on some sort of cage to protect the engine..

Attachments

Hi guys, Im still working on this. The interior is 98% complete and Im currently working on the engine and suspension, which I lost when the file got corrupt . Ill update once again when the model is complete before I present the final renders but for now its back to work (with autosaves ON).

Attachments

the beetle is crazy, and i am sorry for your loss, thats why i have 3 different "save as" files as addition to 3 autobackups

For my final update of the competition I shall reveal my logo:D. I still have a few things to do but Im determined to fight through it all to the last minute. In case I don't make it,Thanks to the organizers for the opportunity and to the competitors for the inspiration, I never would have thought to create such a model otherwise and Ill definitely continue it as a wip:)

Attachments

nice one, i really want to see a final entry for this one!!! so you better step up and finish it :)
Thanks man, but I was already behind even before I lost the engine and suspension because I started late :( . Rather than rush ill keep working on it at my own pace and you'll see what my final renders would have looked like in the gallery :)