PostapocalypticRace-[Rsenal]

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
Hi, I'm also in! For now I can tell that it will be complete concept. Will try to start working on it soon and post more info! And also want to say:"Good luck to everyone!"

Upd. add tribe symbol.

Cheers, Artur B.

Attachments

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
heh :D thnx bro ;) it's just bull from "Red Bull" logo and some playing around it in photoshop! I thinking to make a plate of the bull like on picture in 3ds max, apply textures and then put on car, yeap my car will have carbon elements :D

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
So here is the story:
Small group of men who was working in small factory which specialized on solar cars for "World Solar Challenge". By some miracle they little factory survived.
There were years and all survivors came to idea to make a race every year to find next lucky who will help their tribe to survive! So members from solar car factory decided to participate the race too.
And they start working on car which will have all wheel drive and adaptive suspensions to drive on sand, gravel, rocks and on the roads. So main idea is that car can change the clearance. They took batteries, solar cells and etc. to make engine for the project. And to make car lighter they use materials such as carbon and aluminium which they took from previous cars. In the end they get car very close to F1 or LMP race cars, but on higher clearance and all wheel drive!

Something like that guys! Sorry for my English, I'm good at speaking, but not so good in story writing :D hope you like my story and understand the idea!

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
Hi guys, have a big pause on a project, but I didn't stop to think about how I see my concept. And in the end I completely change it, but it still suit idea of my story. So here is my concept with airless tires and yeap "car" looks like future concept, but as I said it's made by factory specialized on solar cars. Later will add dust and scratches on carbon parts and rust on and other dirty stuff on other parts. Here is .gif with idea of ride height at the lowest and the highest points - clearance example

Cheers, Artur B.

Attachments

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
SamIAm1 thnx that's what i need! As I understand it's also called Osmos or Orbital wheels.

Thank you for comments guys, Artur B.

Kangal

Hi
A question: Where will u place the engine-gearbox blocks? It seems u haven't space enough behind the cabin or down the carbody which is very flat near the rear wheels. I mean, i've seen the solar cells but they're not enough to move the car .

Hi tech future solar elemants maybe,the sun would be much more powerful after the bang with less ozone more rays entering atmosphere(just a thought).

To be very frank, i liked the first version of suspensions than the later one... u can change the shape may be but in terms of practicality the first version is much more realistic than the second one, for any rough terrain.

Also from the perspective of adding more parts to the car, you can refer to typical Formula One car componenets to accessorize yours! :) since such parts will definitely suit your model.

Cheers,SamIAm

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
Thnx for comments guys, about engines they are in all 4 wheels because it's AWD vehicle.

About batteries and efficiency of them - as you guys know, now we don't have efficient cars on pure solar power. But in near future few companies had invented batteries with big capacity and very effective solar elements, that's why I can reduce size of the car to safe weight. And nice idea about sun ROLLAMAD. And what about gearbox, vehicle don't need it at all.

What about suspensions, SamIAm1 I know, may be I will add small coilovers, because I don't like previous at all, because of arm and shape of the dif. which holds wheels. Also adding arm will reduce count of solar elements. I will add more smaller elements later.

Nice idea about F1, need to think about that, and yeap will add more details also!

Cheers, Artur B.

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
just upd., made shock absorbers and almost done with clean version, will start to add small details to it, wires and electric stuff to solar cells or something else, really don't know for now :D need to think about it.

Attachments