PostapocalypticRace-[Skrips]

Skrips

Well, not sure if I will have the time to finish this (going on vacation soon, for 2 weeks), but ive been tinkering with some ideas since this was announced and it seems a shame to not see how this project could turn out. So, without further ado, here's what I have so far. Ive got some ideas for backstory (are we supposed to have one, cus I dont remember seeing that as a contest requirement?) and will post that in an update later, along with the symbol concept that goes along with it.

--Skrips

Attachments

Skrips

TEAM STIG:

Some say he has no face, others say his offspring will inhereit the world after the apacalypse...All we know is he's called The Stig!

After the dust settled and the radiation faded, original stig emerged into a new world as a changed man. the radiation had fused his helmet to his head, his DNA altered to make him closer to the animal he is. And now....who can say what lies beneaf that helmet that is now part of him? His offspring now assemble for the Post Apacalyptic Race, ready and eager to show just what what Stig's superior DNA has changes into...

The time is NOW!

Attachments

Skrips

Update: Heres a little work on the base mesh for the seat. And also, cus I felt like it, a little experimentation on textures for the base mesh :)

Attachments

greenvampire

Super Moderator
love the props & the seat,
just a quick note, the spout on the jerrycan looks a bit long / thin, might want to make it slightly more bulky :)

The winch looks really cool btw :D

love the props & the seat,
just a quick note, the spout on the jerrycan looks a bit long / thin, might want to make it slightly more bulky :)

The winch looks really cool btw :D
Yeah, I thought the same thing as well about the jerry cans. Thanks for the C&C! Its fixed now, will post some more renders of the props later.

That frame looks crazy - nice work!
Yeah, but you know whats going to suck? I was thinking about doing all the frame welds like you, but then again, my frame has so many more points that would nee to be welded, and Modo doesnt do FFD cages....

I dunno. We will see if I can think of a good / efficient way of doing the weld spots without it taking a million hours of fine tweaking.

Thanks to both of you guys for the comments! More C&C always welcomed!

--Skrips

Jerry can update! One thing I will say is this: I made a mistake in modeling the box and cross indents on the sides...I should have just baked a normal map using floating geo.

--Skrips

Attachments

Welder - JokerMartini
download files are on the right, and dont forget concave/convex scripts to download
Awsome, thanks for the heads up! Now if only i used 3DsMax and not modo... :p

yeah I'm not looking forward to the welds either, but I don't have do as many either :p
Yeah, well that is definitely true. However, i might only do weld spots on the main beams. Since this is only a temp spline cage with render curves turned on, all the beams are the same diameter. Once i build the actualy frame out of real geo, they wont all be the same diameter. But then again, im a glutton for punishment...so i might just put welding on everything :)

--Skrips

yeah, i remembered i read Modo somewhere. all in all, welds would be noticeable only in close ups, so its not a detail which is worth of time

grahamsg: Thanks! I hope it looks good, considering I have yet to actually finish a vehicle in CG. Always start, never finish.

Anyway, last update of the night. More work on the lights, now including a front cage on each.

--Skrips

Attachments