PostapocalypticRace-[Skrips]

vader66: Fast? I dont know about that. I never thought of myself as a speedy modeler. I just sorta work at my own pace, ya know? Thanks, though, im really excited to see how my model turns out in the end!

EquiNOX: Thanks bud! I hopefully will have most of the base work done by this weekend, then I can start on some tweeking and deatail work. One day I might even have the frame finalized and be able to build a mesh off of the temp splines!

--Skrips

hi skrips.
i would get rid of those parts on the sidewall.
other than that i like your buggy very much.
greetings
Heh, funny thing about that is that this is a real tire! I didnt make it up. Its a BF Goodwrench off road tire.

/shrug

I dont think it looks bad, but I could be wrong. Might just leave it and see how it looks once the rest of the model is finished or at least near finished. If they still dont look good then, it might be time for remodeling them :)

--Skrips

Update time! This time im working like mad trying to figure out how to make a front wheel hub assembly. And I must say, this is the first time ive modeled something like this, and I dont like it. Confusing to say the least, as well as time consuming and irritating. Anyway, here is the WIP, not finished yet by any means, but its an OK start.

--Skrips

Attachments

Wow, nice detailing!
I hope so. As it is, one corner is about 100k polys with a sud level of 2. Thats over 400k polys for all 4 corners. And i dont think i can optimize the geo any more that i already have.

And there is still so much more to add...

--Skrips

Update time again! Here is the continuing work on the front suspension. Finished the upper and lower A arms. Also added mounting brackets for the shocks. C&C welcome!

--Skrips

Attachments

last update for the night! Front suspension is almost finished. A bit of tweaking will be needed to line everything up once the frame is completed, but aside from thats its pretty much done! C&C welcome as always!

--Skrips

Attachments

Update time! Allow me to show you the new and improved buggy, now with more downforce! Also finished the front and rear suspension components, as well as brakes and calipers. All that is left are the nuts and bols, and any tubing and brackets during the detailing passes. Also, initial detailing pass on the cockpit controls is complete. Enjoy, and as always C&C is welcomed!

--Skrips

Attachments

Quick update: here is the start of the engine. Hopefully I will have anough time to keep up with the level of detail I have started here. If not, oh well :)

Also, im on my way out for vacation! Back in 2 weeks, have fun while I am gone and hopefully you guys dont get too far ahead of me in that time!

--Skrips

Attachments

Update time! Ive been busy, oh so very busy since I got back from vacation. But I have been working hard on this contest as well. now I am ready to start showing off what I have been up to! So, here are some more WIP renders!

As always, C&C is welcomed!

--Skrips

Attachments