Real World Racer: DC Shoes Impreza

Duzze

I havent been modeling for some time now but when i saw this contest i immediately thought of some sick hot hatches, from some race spec grande punto over the golf VI gti and ultimately the subaru Ken Block drives. I havent started anything yet cuz i dont have as much time as i would like to have for this.

Attachments

Duzze

ok not much but i've finished the rims, its the volk te37, they still need that crazy yellow-green spoke. i'm not sure about the rubber though. Ive also been working on the fenders but i'm not comfortable in showing them at this time.
Thanx guys

Attachments

Duzze

thanks, its a car that cant go in a straight line :) so im going to rotate it a bit to get the feel its going round corners. Anyway, been working all morning and got this far. I want to finish the whole car before splitting the panels. Crits and comments welcome as always

Attachments

Duzze

sorry for not posting for some time, i hope it was worth the wait. still need to do: mirrors, door handles, redo rear lights and add some low detail interior. I also need time to make almost all materials since the ones i had were lost with my old pc. I hope by the end of this week ill be modeling and setting up the docks scene. This is just a studio preview

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Just a small critique here, right now your car's alternate paint color (the silver/gray/white area) are fairly blocky looking. It might look better if you were to go with a color scheme that used only the flared out shapes of the bumpers instead of the entire bumper itself. for example, look at the Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon's silver coloration against its primary body color. It uses an arbitrary curve on the wheel well, which sets apart the silver from the rest of the body color.

Perhaps a paint job similar to this would make your car look less pieced-together. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Just a small critique here, right now your car's alternate paint color (the silver/gray/white area) are fairly blocky looking. It might look better if you were to go with a color scheme that used only the flared out shapes of the bumpers instead of the entire bumper itself. for example, look at the Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon's silver coloration against its primary body color. It uses an arbitrary curve on the wheel well, which sets apart the silver from the rest of the body color.

Perhaps a paint job similar to this would make your car look less pieced-together. Anyway, keep up the good work.
man, check the first post there is photo of that Impreza he is working on ;)

Duzze

Its time to hurry up. I had to cut out the vinyls out of panels since i couldnt get the mapping system in Vray to work, it was very tedious work. oh yeah and need some more tweaking on the materials. Ive been making the scene as well but i didnt do any test renders just yet. enjoy

Attachments

Duzze

now its starting to look like the dc shoes impreza, still need decals on the front. the docks scene is almost finished, hopefully next ill be back with some test renders of it. I hope you all like it

Attachments

Hi Duzze,

Nice modeling you have there. I noticed your surfaces are pretty "dense" ... I'm guessing part of your workflow is rebuilding all the surfaces once you get the correct shape, is that right?

About renders, don’t' know if it’s my monitor, but they look a somewhat "dark". They are very good anyways, good work overall.