The search function is well and truly stuffed. I mean if it returns NO results for the search term BMW then I'm Tom Cruise. It needs to be sorted because I don't want to have to sift through hundreds of pages to find what I want... :wut:
Anyway, if u have to check a single brand u can do it manually scrolling car by car, it's a thing u can do. But if u have to search on the ''Blueprints Donation'' forum, that's practically impossible without the working tool
It was walways a problem to search for three character on SMC. It is not new and it is not broken. Even though mysql would have a limit of 2 characters, you would still get inaccurate results: everything starting with BMW would be displayed.
Try to search for "Ferrari Modena" this has enough characters, but will display you all Ferraris. It was always like that and is a known issue. Solution for this is just to search for "Modena"
If u type for example BMW in the search tool (archive forum) it says ''sorry no matches found''.
Til yesterday u had tons of results instead. The same if u type something in the advanced option focusing your target. No matches found, but i know that particular print (M6) there's, because i've seeen it before to try. Usually i go in the archive forum, i select ''advanced search'', then i click on one brand (BMW for example) so that it becomes blue, then i type the model (M6 for example). Now nothing happens.
hmmmm, maybe the character limit was reset with server restart or something. But we didn't have any offline delay on SMC so far as I know. Anyway, I will see what's up with the character limit.
This is annoying when you never can get accurate results. So I hope we can install sphinx on the server.
This is basical my friend to get new blueprints, because makes blueprints catcher's life simplier, and it will avoid double (or even triple) posts. Yesterday i've collected some interesting blueprints for SMC, hopefully to be able to post them soon
I think the problem with several of those “missing" blueprints is very simple: One of the Admins should change the Valid file extensions for images and add the GIF file format ( now this is only: jpeg jpg pdf png rar zip )
Before the serious problems with hackers a while ago, everything worked fine, so...
Somehow GD/IM doesn't resitze "old" GIF files. That is why some of them are broken and some of them work. Many of the old GIFs are broken. InternetExplorer doesn't show some of the GIF files for example,too.
Generally, GIF is an outdated format. You can use PNG instead.