SMCars Challenge: Postapocalyptic Race [Rules/Q&A]

naMReg

I'm just loving all the tribe/faction introduction stories in the contest threads. Just awesome!!!!

And for the ones who think they won't have time.... just give it a try, it's like everything, the more you like it, the more time you find to enjoy it :D

C'mon racers!!! Join in!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers :D

This looks like so much fun i just have throw myself in the deep end and give it a go.My idea is a volkswagen-kubelwagen done in baja bug style converted to utility (an easy/quick body shape for me),clan DUSTY SOULS.

naMReg

Cool ROLLAMAD, now create a thread in the subforum and start showing some ideas ;) IF you have any question about how to do it, please go to the first post at the first page of this thread, TwoOneOne explains it there perfectly :D

I wrote my full story with clan tag pic but it keeps saying it is to short everytime i try to post.

Edit- After 6 hours and around 50 attempts i got it! YAY

Kangal

Apart from the works who are going to be very nice, the most of them at least, i've to say that i just like the friendly and polite feeling we're breathing here, every entrant is doing a loyal competition following the others' works with no envy , trying conversely to get inspiration, appreciating every nice developments . Although the ''postapocalyctic'' title could make us to think about a rough challenge, i've to say we're watching at a true gentlemen's contest. Good luck to everybody :)

Hi 211.
I have a few questions.
is it ok if i post at the end a smoothed wire picture?
i´m asking because i have to smooth the parts for the texture work when i will use decals as well.
otherwise i always have to save 2 different versions.
the second question,is it allowed to use an engine of another personal project or should the engine be built
from absolutely beginning.
greetings

naMReg

Hi vader66:
is it ok if i post at the end a smoothed wire picture?
i´m asking because i have to smooth the parts for the texture work when i will use decals as well.
otherwise i always have to save 2 different versions.
Sure you can, it would be better to show an unsmoothed wired version for all of us to see and learn from your technique but, if this is going to be such a headache and may run you into mistakes when selecting one or another mesh.... then it's no problem, go ahead.

ithe second question,is it allowed to use an engine of another personal project or should the engine be built
from absolutely beginning.
I guess you must create it, that's something we discused when setting down the rules for the contest. Every single part must be modeled from scratch, so nobody could make a hybrid from old models or so.

And seeing your modeling skills and fastness :p we're expecting a roaring multi-cylinder buggy-heart :p

Keep it up, your work is inspiring all of us :thumbsup:

Hi NaMReg.
Thank´s for the fast reply.
i´m gonna try to do unsmoothed version as well.i just wanted to know in
case it get´s to wiered for me.(i will try to model alot more parts)
With the engine thing i´m ok with it.i´m still not sure if i build the porsche engine
or if i will do a jetengine.depends on time i have.in two days business starts again.
cheers

nosalis

have to admit that I was thinking to join .. I was thinking to re-use some of my stuff that's been sitting on my HDD for some time .. but if you guys think it must be done from scratch .. that's even more time required ( or .. just doing different car then)

But I was playing with a though of re-using my M3 I didn't finish for the last challange .. oh well.. will see
but this challange would be fun to watch that's for sure

naMReg

C'mon nosalis, join in ;) I'm very busy too at work and I have to finish a presentation for Sept 26th so I can't do much for the contest right now. But in the little freetime I've got, I'm just gathering ideas and making some measures about the pieces I want to include so when the modeling comes it will be a straight through proccess.

And I'm still having fun :D and also, watching the projects of the people involved here, I get very motivated :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

OH MAN THIS CHALLENGE LOOKS SICK!!
So are these going to be purpose built race machines made from the tribes, or are these tribes entering there daily drivers?

Hi naMReg and jury.
i have a question about the beauty presentation.
Do we have to present the vehicle on a base(pedestal) like on a monument?
Or can we use a backplate or mixture between picture and modeled base?
cheers

naMReg

For the final presentation you'll need 3 diorama renders: The beauty shot, the 3/4 front and 3/4 back pictures. Image format: 1920x1080

Then 4 ortographic clay renders (front, back, side and top views). These could be just the vehicle or the whole diorama if the vehicle is well seen from the 4 views. Image format: 1280x720

A wireframe shot (preferably unsmothed mesh) It could be from the 3/4 views if you wish :Image format: 1280x720

After that, you can add as many pictures as you want. :D