SMCars Challenge: Postapocalyptic Race [Rules/Q&A]

naMReg

Beauty shot is like the image on the header, showing the vehicle and its surroundings: SHOT1 | SHOT2 using a perspective view. A dramatical scene if you want, with the vehicle in movement SHOT3, in the middle of the race.

And not exactly viewed from below, find the perspective that better explains your vehicle and characteristics.

We could discuss about the 3/4 images and orthogrpahic views, they could all be clay renders: CLAY1 | CLAY2

Or just clay renders for the 3/4 views and viewport screenshots for the orthographic views: 4VIEWS :D

And then wireframes, here do as you wish, wireframe on clay renders or viewport screenshots, wherever the wireframes are well shown and recognizalbe.

What do ou all think??? As minimal requirements is good, then you can add as many pics as you want, but they shouldn't count on final voting.

Let me know your thoughts :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi naMreg and 211.
Now i´m a bit confused.Does it mean we only have to model the ground for the beautyshot?
or do we have to built a complete diorama as you wrote before.I´m asking because i finished
already the diorama scene (i thought finish is 22nd).had no internet the last days.
do i have to upload my pictures in my thread or is there a special thread for this.
hope you can answer as soon as possible,cause next week i´m off for 2 weeks so i have
to finish this week.
Thank´s in advance.
cheers

naMReg

I tried to explain what a beauty shot was. The pictures in there are just beauty shots examples, not guides for the presentation in this contest.

For the final presentation, rely on the DIORAMA POST on page 2.

If you can make the 3/4 front and 3/4 back views using your diorama, then that would be perfect. Because we'd like to see fine renders of the vehicles from both angles but, if it's not possible, at least show us some nice clay renders.

I'll talk to 211 and see if we can set the finals thread so you can place your entry there.

TwoOneOne

Administrator
Hi naMreg and 211.
Now i´m a bit confused.Does it mean we only have to model the ground for the beautyshot?
or do we have to built a complete diorama as you wrote before.I´m asking because i finished
already the diorama scene (i thought finish is 22nd).had no internet the last days.
do i have to upload my pictures in my thread or is there a special thread for this.
hope you can answer as soon as possible,cause next week i´m off for 2 weeks so i have
to finish this week.
Thank´s in advance.
cheers

i did collected some more inspirational artwork for that should help you in the creation of the base/diorama: http://www.smcars.net/forums/smc-po...c-race-inspiration-post287169.html#post287169