Snow: '61 Chevrolet C/K 10 Stepside

OK, I decided it's time to reveal my twist to the winter theme. It's gonna be nuclear winter ;) It means that my truck will be reinforced a little. I think it's gonna be a trader vehicle. And here's what I've sketched. It's probably gonna change a bit as I'll be putting it on the model, but the general idea wil be the same. Sketch isn't actually 100% done, I only used it to put my ideas on paper roughly and was actually drawing it only at school :D Anyway, comment.

Attachments

EquiNOX

That's top notch there... Maybe. add a dual wheel in the back, Semi-truck exhaust pipe (if you know what I mean) this would have look like a snow beast for sure.

Thanks for positive feedback, it's great to know someone likes my ideas. EquiNOX, I had the double wheels planned, only the armor turned out to be too small, so I redone it. I'm however not entirely sure about the truck exhaust, may bend it so that it goes horizontally over the rear fender.

Attachments

Ok, here's the alternative version of the exhaust as well as the beginning of detailing. I'm waiting for your opinions about the exhaust layout. I plan to have modelling finished and then texture it (which I'm not too good at :))

Attachments

Ok, so the exhaust remains upwards. Gave the windshield some more, hmm... shielding :) enough to protect against someone trying to slingshot a hand grenade into the cab, and a cool bulletproof sunshield (or whatever it's called). I have started modelling the rims as well. Tomorrow modelling will be finished as I have some more free time. Big Ron, no need to worry about the heat, all the snow and sub zero temperatures shouldn't let it get too hot :p

Attachments

Damn it, modelling still ain't finished. I made rims and spiked winter tyres for that one. They do not look excellent, but it doesn't matter that much, as they'll be spinning in the final renders. I still want to make basich, rough shapes of front suspension and drivetrain as I plan to have one low viev shot. I hope I can use whole weekend to spend on it, otherwise it may not end up complete.

Attachments

Look at what you've done. You made me triple post! xD Post some comments, so I can know if you like what I've done. Ok, only few more welds left to do and then texturing. Modelled the lights and some nuts and bolts as well. Enjoy and comment

Attachments