Snow: Penguin XR1

EquiNOX

Hi, since I am on vacation now... I will use vacation time to join contest.. So work would be very speedy. Since I have only week and half, and the deadline is not too far from today.

I am modeling prototype/concept based ECO/EVIROfriendly, speedy cruiser for Antarctica Expeditioners. and this concept car would have hyberblending of Lamborghini Reventon - Hummer HX Concept - Toyota RSC. Technically other word, its a offroad-super car.

Here's Attached image of photocropped BP which will help me giving idea and guide to start workflow. Other two attachment is what I have started today, took me 1 hour and half work. More coming on work with details Keep watching. :)

Attachments

Nice concept to mash those together into a snow vehicle. Mesh and details look good so far, I hope you can make it on time. Good luck mate.

EquiNOX

@Stew2000, Mad Mike, 14jeffrey, spitty3d, davecox, and gvnwst... Thanks for the complement and comments

gvnwst: You're right... its a pinch. Now its fixed.

Sorry for Lack of updates, I encountered few last minute off-subject project. However, I managed to return and completed entire exterior body including tires and suspension. Not only that I have unwrapped body part so I could add some "make believe sponsor" schemes if necessary.

Next... Interior (Perhaps not too detailed). scene, Tow Trailer (If have time).

Enjoy viewing some pics....Sorry about copyright watermark overlapping on clay render.

Once again thanks for complements and comments.

Attachments

EquiNOX

Stew2000: Front or rear? These Towbars in front or rear is attached/weled/bolted to suspension frame, and I had bumper/skidplate covering the ugly look of towbars. So, no it won't snap :D

Also, as I mentioned earlier, its a conceptual super-crossover.. so any parts that you see are also concepts, It'd never go out in production. It applies to real world too. :D

EquiNOX

Oh, that's tow hitch. :D The one you showing was designed for rugged off-road. That's why it was bolted in instead of assembling with pin so that it won't snap off when tow trailer is dragging back with weights at steep hill.

As for this Penguin cruiser concept... It was designed to cruise on Antarctica's flat land or any "flat ice-top" not rugged terrain.

If I was going for extreme, I would have lift up body more, doubled up coil-spring or lengthen up shock absorber, eliminate IFS (Independent Front Suspension) and add Dana 44 heavy duty straight front axle instead, also add anti roll bars in front and etc. or add whatever to make it look like Baja-cruiser or rockcrawlers.:D

But thank you for your suggestion... Maybe afterwhile if I have time I ll change to the stronger look tow hitch. But as of now I have to move forward to unfinished parts before deadline's up.