Snow : Top Gear Polar Hilux - Toon Style

Well somebody has got to make a start. This could turn out really crap cause I dont really have the time but im going to try to make a cartoon style version of the awesome Top Gear Polar Challenge Hilux.

Attachments

After a lot of trial and error and sketching. And investing a solid 6 to 7 minutes I've got my side "blueprint" sorted.

No nit picking and pointing out inaccuracies please.:)

Attachments

hehe nice, personally I'd make the wheelarch higher for a more toon look. Maybe raise the hood up a bit, looks like a smart car :p

eek, tempted to join but I have so much school work and along side with my current project

helicase

in my ME dynamics class we learned that rolling friction on tires like that is huge. can you say 1 mpg? lol, Good choice for the contest!

thats an awesome idea, and actually crossed my mind, if i wasn't already struggling with the SLS, good luck on this, im psyched to see your progress!

Falango

Definately wanna keep an eye on this. Emphasize the big features that separates this truck from the regular Hilux, like the wheel arches, the big tires, spotlights, hood scoop, etc. I think you could really take this quite far!

Love the side projection though, that's definately 1st place material!!! :D

Thanks for the comments guys. This is just very rough, just so I can get an idea of proportions. Its still very.. um..fluid so things could change.

Attachments

Falango

Looking awesome!! I say make the scoop bigger, and it's integrated into the hood, not a separate piece. Maybe exaggerate the cab a bit too??

Thanks a lot guys. Made a bit more progress but nothing what a lot of guys have already got going.

Falango, made the cab slightly bigger. I originally had it much bigger but wasnt happy with it. And agree about the scoop being intergrated.

Attachments

Falango

That's looking good!!! I really like the proportions you have going there! The only thing that's bugging me a bit is the front end that's sloped down. It's like it's drooping over. It works with what you have though, just seems a bit weird.

there are too many chris's, the truck is coming out nicely man. more more!
That's true, I'm Chris too, haha!

Thanks guys. Heres a little update. Never enough time.:(

qretz. Im thinking the render will be very toon like. Ive never really done too much toon stuff so might be interesting.

Falango. Yeah i looked at that and made it curve a little more. But I dont think i will change it too much from where it is.

chris912. Your right this chris thing is getting out of hand:)

Attachments

Nice man! To make it more toon like you might want to:

Lower the front

Raise the rear

Massive exhaust

Larger rear tires/wheels

Make the headlights look like angry eyes

Get some negative camber on all wheels.

Thas all I can think of at the moment, I really want this too be cool!