SR-71A Blackbird

raduteo

Super Moderator
A bird I always admired and wished I had the time to model, the front cockpit is pretty much done apart from some small addons/changes, tomorrow I'm starting work on the RSO cockpit and hopefully I'll have it done before the 20th.

Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

EquiNOX

A bird I always admired and wished I had the time to model, the front cockpit is pretty much done apart from some small addons/changes, tomorrow I'm starting work on the RSO cockpit and hopefully I'll have it done before the 20th.

Thanks for viewing.
That's really nice man.

raduteo

Super Moderator
Thanks, it's all Maya, Zbrush use is minimal (seat cushion), I cannot use screen caps from Maya as my old rig (4gb, dualcore) crashes with everything unhidden and smooth mesh preview applied. I'll do the pilot and RSO, those will be exclusively done in Zbrush.

raduteo

Super Moderator
Thank you, currently it's hovering around 1.8 million, I plan on doing all the panels on the fuselage (with precise rivet placement and correct count), the complete landing gear (it's 80% complete), accurate cockpits (these are a real pain, that's why I'm going at them early on so I can enjoy modeling the body of the plane), the pilot and RSO, texture all the above mentioned and maybe if I'm still alive I'd like to do the complete engine, although I don't think I'll be able to do renders of it until I upgrade/buy a new rig.

naMReg

Amazing work, you leave me speechless. I'm on my way to pick some pop corn, hoping this thread updates fast, because this is so joyful to see..... :D

I remember seeing this plane at the D.A.R.Y.L. movie, will you create a child piloting it too??? :p

Cheers :D

nosalis

holy moly.. crazy detailnesss!!! ... man I love it

I hope that all the model details won't get lost in reneder :) but looks very very cool!

salim

Administrator
very nice work bro ! i don't know how i could miss this .
looks great ! i like the Zbrush toutch in it ;)
keep it up bro ! i'll keep my eyes on this thread for sure .

cheers

raduteo

Super Moderator
Thank you all very much guys! I don't know how fast I'll be able to post updates but I'll try my best to keep them fairly frequent, I usually like to complete one major component, in this case the cockpit/canopy and post it rather than to post small updates. Again thank you very much!

Congrats Radu,you are very good,i realy like how you've made the model. I can tell you that you give class to others,very nice.....

ROMANIAN POWER! And we are not gypsies!

raduteo

Super Moderator
That was random, I suggest you limit yourself to the topic at hand, this isn't the right place to bring up social issues.
Thanks.

I thought you hacked into some defence database and gotten a hold of the CAD files. That is some insane detail, can't wait for the rest!