The car you never should have sold!

greenvampire

Super Moderator
The car I wish I never sold:

Still miss it, 86 Austin Mini Mayfair, I restored it with my dad, ran it for a few years as a daily driver.
But I needed a bigger car for my guitar equipment, and my back was getting worse... so it had to go :(

A blast from my teenage years (14 to 16), I raced this little mini with my dad, and won quite alot :) (it was Autograss racing) :

What guitar stuff do you have? I'm painting guitars when i have inspiration and my headache is it to heavy. My ant had a Mini (1959) when a was a kid full of flower stickers. Early seventies style!

I have two that I regret but I got rid of one to get the other and then made the horrible mistake of getting rid of for a damn BMW.

I paid cash for the Ranger brand new two weeks before I left for college. Then, seven months later, I traded it in on the F-150(in the background of the second pic) which I loved. Then I got this (stupid) idea to trade the F-150 in on a BMW. That was a huge mistake!

Attachments

What did you swap for the beemer? I miss the 91 BMW 535 i had but if i had kept it i probably had missed my driving license. Swapt it for a 95 Audi A4 an believed i did a great deal but the Audi was falling apart even when it was parked i my garage for 3 month. Te guy who ended up whit my 535 complained that the BMW was a heavy drinker om gasoline but i told him if she drinks gas its a sign of that it runs. The Audi didn't drink at AL and i told him that it was the most expensive garden furniture i ever had.

I still have the BMW. I'm looking to get rid of it and get another F-150. I have a "show" car that I need to be able to carry on a trailer and the BMW can't do that.

EquiNOX

I traded 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited to Brand new 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe LT. It was BIGGEST mistake ever! 7 month after trading, my Tahoe went through MASSIVE transmission problems. I had to send it to shop number of times on same issues. Luckily It was under warranty. I was told, transmission problem is common on Chevy trucks >:{

I might be moving from my home country (CzechRepublic) into USA .. so there's no point keeping the car in Czech .. and transfering it to US doesn't make much sense

so sad to let it go

Yes, I had the same reason before. I went abroad to work and decided to sell my Honda Vios repainted in pink. It's too depressing indeed!

KMyers-MG

1981 Camaro Z-28 with Custom built Keith Black 350 Racing engine. LOVED that car, but it got me in too much trouble. Sure wish I still had it though.

DodgeBoy

1986 Olds Cutlass Ciera. It was my first car and even though I thought it was a total POS at the time, it ran like a champ and I should've kept it.

I wish I could have keeped my 1989 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer, that truck had some balls in it, junked it after the leaf springs snapped in half, still wish I could have keep that truck.

OldDog

Cool car! What year was it made? Zastava? Is it a local car manufacturer in your country?
Zastava was built in Yugoslavia(Slovenia was a part of it), today's Serbia, Search for "Yugo" or "Yugo America", may be Zastava 101 (cool little car)
---------------------------------------------------------

on Topic :

I haven't sold any of my cars my one and only car is Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI
but my dad sold a Citroen GS Pallas from "71
He sold it this year the car passed 11.000 Km It was like NEW ! even had protection plastics on the interior masks and stuff, and when you drive that car , it stands on the road perfectly , you can't feel bumps or hols on the road. Hell you can drive on rocky mountains and not feel a thing :)
:( i would have loved that he didn't sold it ;/

Well, for me i wish i never trade that bmw 540i e34 against that '05 audi A6
sure that a6 is great and it's consuming only 8 liters per 100 km but i miss that bmw
it was my first car and it was the best one
But my dad said that that car makes him feel bad (i still don't know why :p ) and when he saw that A6 he immediately told me to trade and that he will pay the difference

Hmm...Tough one...I have two that I wish I would have never of gotten rid of...one was my 1st car....a 1971 Chevy Nova, and the other one was my 1997 Ford F-350. My best friend got my Nova, as I was going into the Army at that time, and my brother got the F-30 when I left for Germany...I think I came back out top though as now I own a 1997 Mustang GT convertible with a 5.4L Triton swapped into it and a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 that only has 60K on the clock.

Never been able to afford anything sporty/flashy or anything, but I loved my Nissan Primera 2.0 I never had to buy anything but tyres and exhaust in 5 years. Reliable and comfortable, it never put a foot wrong. Wife had a Micra which was great too.

Hmm...Tough one...I have two that I wish I would have never of gotten rid of...one was my 1st car....a 1971 Chevy Nova, and the other one was my 1997 Ford F-350. My best friend got my Nova, as I was going into the Army at that time, and my brother got the F-30 when I left for Germany...I think I came back out top though as now I own a 1997 Mustang GT convertible with a 5.4L Triton swapped into it and a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 that only has 60K on the clock.
can you show some pics of that mustang? that sounds awesome!