Topless:Ghia Roadster Concept

So I'm being abducted by a work project, so hoping I can find some time to get this finished by the deadline, otherwise I dont see anymore updates coming for a bit.

well, you got it all almost done, or so it looks like... I'm sure you'll find some time to give this awesome piece of modeling the nice rendering it deserves :)

just one thing about the tires... aren't they too flat?

Working 100 hour weeks right now, so hopefully I might be able to get a good 2 weeks in right at the end

hi rls!maybe you can do rear lights something like on Cadillac vsr.i hope you will manage to finish.
Thats a thought or its predecessor the Plymouth Prowler.

Durban I'm assuming you mean the sidewalls, maybe for a regular tire they are a bit flat, but I was going for the PAX style run-flats which have enforced sidewalls so they are a bit flatter and more rigid then a regular tire

I agree the side wall looks a little flat, but if you are modeling that type of tire.... then its right. I just think the rim should stick out a slight bit from the sidewall. That might make it look a little more correct.

Tinpau

Good eye tinpau, just looked at my file that and realized the tire had been shifted, and so I moved it back into its correct position, hoping tomorrow I can get a bunch of work done on this car

So I decided to start porting over my shaders from mia to vray and hopefully get some color going, still hoping I can get a render off by the due date. Heres the rim/tire test render using vray, still needs some tweeking.

Attachments

Decided to start on the body as well, round 1 anyways. Going for a British Racing green with a Camel Tan interior, was a bit skeptical about the angel eyes, but I'm liking them

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Black suits it damn well, but you should still working on the interior shaders.

I'm a bit unsure about the color scheme : your exterior design is kinda classic and classy, whereas the interior looks like Fast'n'Furious ricing. Maybe stick to monocolour leather, maybe Havane.

Also, the rims are a bit massive. More detailed spokes (maybe double spokes) would be more likely.

Of course it's just a matter of personal taste :)

Black suits it damn well, but you should still working on the interior shaders.

I'm a bit unsure about the color scheme : your exterior design is kinda classic and classy, whereas the interior looks like Fast'n'Furious ricing. Maybe stick to monocolour leather, maybe Havane.

Also, the rims are a bit massive. More detailed spokes (maybe double spokes) would be more likely.

Of course it's just a matter of personal taste :)
I havent finalized the interior shaders yet, those where just for color purposes, most definietly going to be toning down the color and going for a darker tan.

Monitor calibrations are definitely different, the cars a dark green :)

As for the 2 tone interior, I was playing around with that after playing around on the 2011 M3 build your own on the BMW website and the Audi S4, and was liking the 2 tone they have for those cars and was just seeing how it would look.

I cant stand double spoke rims for the most part :p I like the openess of the 5

I'm still hoping to find time to finish, still need to create an environment and find a suitable HDRI, either way I will be working right up to the deadline

Finally found a few hours to finish up the modeling of the wheel wells/suspension, and finalize my colors, I'm currently in the process of looking for a new place and then moving and starting a new job, so the hours are kinda slim, hoping I can find a few hours to finish the environment and get a final render before Wednesday

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Really look better with that interior ! Are these racing-like white stripes on the rear end ? You should try them on the whole car, me thinks.