Topless: Mini Cooper S cabrio

yeah... I like the second ones most too :D
but I dunno, also wanted to be faithful to the model I'm making and I believe those are unique for the john cooper works model, so I dont know...

Finished the wheel today. Here's some wire and a screen capture with some materials and colors on (not a render). I guess I'll start doing test renders soon.

Not sure if I'm modeling the tires, I'll probably use some bump map.

Attachments

:D yeah, indeed it is! Well, it will get better once I've modeled the windshield.
The unsmoothed poly count is about 32 K (570 K smoothed), without the grills but... ok guys, this is insane, the unsmoothed grills alone are 95 K... (1515 K smoothed!) I know it has completely out poly counted the car. I knew it was over detailed but just modeled them... I'll probably use textures for those and leave them just in case I want to make some close up renders... could also lower the iterations on the grills...

durban

I've been too lazy to model anything these days... but here's a quick update. Nothing fancy, just the windshield, antenna, upper border of the bodywork and the structure whose name I'm not aware of :D that is right just below the lower windshield border, and that was a pain to model for I didnt' have enough reference images...

I hope to start doing some renders soon... but I'd like to finish first the whole exterior and maybe the steering wheel and seats...

Attachments

durban

thanks for the encouragement Chris, you're right, gotta keep going... :) but summer is a very bad time for modeling, I guess...
I think I'm gonna have to make some planning, there's still time to finish but now I'm starting some interior stuff and weird structures I'm having some problems with... a convertible is far more difficult to model than a normal car, in my opinion... I mean, it has lots of bizarre structures along the windshield, and in the back, where the roof is kept... not to mention that you are almost forced to model the whole interior if you want a nice result...
Anyway, here's some update with some of the parts I'm talking about...

Attachments

durban

thanks guys.
:D haha rls... I'd rather try and enjoy this one too... who knows where and how I'm gonna be next year :D

ok, here's another quick update. The pierced and strange ufo like structure and the rearview and side mirrors. And the lateral tiny speakers and sunshades...

I'm going for the steering wheel and windshield wipers now :sneer:

Attachments

alright so... I managed to finish the wipers and steering wheel (almost) today. There's some more stitches to 'sew' on the upper part though... I'll try to finish those tomorrow and hopefully start the seats...

Attachments