Topless: Mini Cooper S cabrio

hehe. yes. There's still a lot to do but... we're getting there.
small update with front seat, blocked out doors and seat belts...

Attachments

thanks a lot yuri :)
I'm starting to browse some images as reference for setting up the environment for my car, want to set it on a pier or similar. These are kind of what I'm looking for...
I'll try to post some update on the interior tonight.

Attachments

I've been working on the interior of the doors today. There are still some innacuracies, specially on the back part but I think they're staying like this, there's so much to do and the deadline is closer each day :)

Attachments

I finally made two of the things I'd been avoiding: front lights and roof. I knew they were gonna be hard for me to model and I'm really not especially happy with them, but they didn't turn out bad either...

Attachments

thanks rls :)
I decided to take a break from modeling the car and started with the environment. Gonna try with Pier Village, and if I feel it doesn't suit the car I'll try another thing. Maybe the car in a plain beach or something... don't know yet.
So... I thought I should also post some wip of it, and here it is.

Attachments

I made the first test render for my background. Not quite happy with it yet but I'll try to put some ao on it and also some color correction...
I'm starting the car uvs tomorrow and maybe I'll start some render tests on it too...
Still have to model some interior parts but I think that wont be necessary for the final render so...

Attachments

well... I've started test renders on the car...
this is the hardest part for me, my renders usually suck, I never get them to look real, so anything u can tell me to improve them will be absolutely welcome...

this is just a quick render with some basic materials on (that I still got to tune up), chrome, car paint and rubber, I've still got to texture lights, seats, tires bump, and many other stuff... like the strips on the hood :)

Attachments

another render, more materials on. Still got a lot of work to do on reflections and other stuff, tires, hood stripes and so on... but I'm getting close to what I'm looking for. Glass is always a pain for me.
I dont specially like the background though, so I may change it...
the plates are from an old opel corsa I had and ended up in the junk yard :(
anyway, here it is.

Attachments

Thanks Chris, well, I like the pier too, but mine seems quite fake... you're right about the planks, but also the main structure is pretty 'synthetic'. Gonna try to fix that and maybe I'll try some other simpler background, I dont know...

Here's a rear view. And a front view with the stripes on. I've added some beach girls reflections :D, that I may need to tweak a bit though...

I'm going for the wheels texture now (maybe I'll model the tires, dont know yet). And glass reflections, that I never get to show right :wut:

Attachments

It looks good, but, in my opinion, the previous one was better. I think your paint is too "mirror-like". And you should turn those people out neck and crop.:)

hehe, yeah, maybe I went too far with the crowd :)
but I'd still like to show some reflections of people, I think it would give some added realism...
anyway, I'll keep on working on those reflections...

Unzoom your cam, and choose the same focal length as the cam used to take the pic you use. And make two horizons fit (3D scene and photo).

Then try to place your cam as if you were in your scene trying to take a photo, it may help :)

The car is cool, and you could manage your girls to appear clearly on a side of the car, playing volley for example ^^

hey AMV, thanks for the input, man! That seems a little too complicated for me though... but I may try it :)

I know I should be finishing the wheels and glass material and so on, but I just felt like making some color testing... these are intended to be actual colors you can choose for a real mini, but I may try some other weird colors or patterns :p

Attachments

durban

ok, I finally modeled the complete tire tread. I chose a pattern I liked but it was quite difficult for me to model and didn't turn out completely as I expected. Anyway, I think I'm gonna leave it like that... so... here's the modeled wheel, an AO render and my *final* render, or something really close to it...
I'm going to do a rear view render now, and see what comes out...

Attachments