WIP Audi TT

Discussion in 'WIP Critique: 3D Stills' started by JaGa22, Nov 7, 2011.

1. JaGa22

JaGa22 New Member

PrePress Tecnichian
    Audi TT HDRI

Edit:
    Update this thread with the final image that I've made. I put my 3D model in a HDRI scene. I hope you enjoy and I would like to know your comments and opinions.

Max 2011. Vray. Phothosop. Knoll Light Factory.

thanks

Hi guys,

Today I present my last modeled car an Audi TT 2008.

Max 2011, Vray, Photoshop.

bye

Attached Files:

2. michael1ee

michael1ee Member

looking nice and smooth and the mesh looks clean, great work m8

chubby boy likes this.
  3. blackleo

blackleo Member

[SUB][/SUB] Ok,i will post you some images.In the first image there are some bumps on the mesh,and in the second image as well.
    Please give me some renders with the actual mesh so I can see were the problem is.If you want to model this car try to use this tutorial Audi TT (2008) modeling tutorial « Tutorial-z.com :)

Attached Files:

andreysc7 and JaGa22 like this.
  4. nosalis

nosalis Active Member

digital artist
    it's a good start, but as blackleo pointed out, there are some areas which needs more attention :)

btw that tutorial he posted does countaing quite a few triangles here and there .. I'd suggest searching for something cleaner .. it's very hard to do it superclean.. but once you master it then every mesh you produce will be great!

5. JaGa22

JaGa22 New Member

PrePress Tecnichian
    Thanks so much to michael1ee, blackleo and nosalis for your comments!!

This is only my second modeled car and I need your opinion to improve my technique, for this reason I still have bugs on the mesh. I'll work on it but I'm a bit tired with this car and I want to finish and go on with other one.

blackleo: I followed this good tutorial step by step to do my car!! furthermore I added some elements like the leds on the headlights or the rims but probably I was wrong with others modifications as the line that you said. Although this line on the door that you said that has to be continue I don't think so because is a line wich separates different car elements and in this position only has to sharpen that edge.

finally the red circle that you put in the back of the car is the center stoplight, maybe is not so clear in this clay render, but is a light not a bump o something like this.

thanks & bye guys!!

6. andreysc7

andreysc7 New Member

I am the author of that tutorial with the audi tt. You can look at the tutorial with the BMW 1 Series and Nissan 350z on the same website. That Audi TT tutorial was my first car modeling tutorial and I was a beginner but there are also lots of tutorials on the website , some of them are very very detailed . You mesh looks ok :) but you have some small problems on the mesh that can be solved very easy :) . try to avoid triangles, even in the smallest places

7. blackleo

blackleo Member

Ok,you said this :

"Although this line on the door that you said that has to be continue I don't think so because is a line wich separates different car elements and in this position only has to sharpen that edge."

Now i come and say this :

Look at the image I had posted with the real audi tt.And I have an advice,when you model the car look at reference images :) .... You will see in this picture that the line is continue.If the line wasn't continue i would have not posted such a respons :)

Attached Files:

8. JaGa22

JaGa22 New Member

PrePress Tecnichian
    First of all, congratulations andreysc7 for your awesome and very detailed tutorials, are very useful for beginners like me. I want to do the BMW Serie1 tutorial in the near future because is my real car and I love it.

Secondly, blackleo I didn't understand you yesterday about "the line", but now I know what you said and you were right ;). In fact I don't know why is not continue because in preview renders it was good... even though I compared with real images many times.

thanks for your help guys!

9. blackleo

blackleo Member

I some blueprints there are missing some line and other thing,try to watch at real images,not 3d car :)

10. nosalis

nosalis Active Member

digital artist
    but you realize that's previous generation of TT .. although you're right about the line

here you can see how the shape looks like in that area. :) .. and yeah, don't worry about it not being perfec (.. yet!)

http://www.audiwallpapers.net/wallpapers/audi-tt/2011-audi-tt-side-angle.jpg

11. JaGa22

JaGa22 New Member

PrePress Tecnichian
    I want to update this thread with the final image that I've made. I put my 3D model in a HDRI scene. I hope you enjoy and I would like to know your comments and opinions.

This image it's attached in the first post but also in this.

thanks

Attached Files:

12. blackleo

blackleo Member

ok,good work,now it looks more better :)

13. michael1ee

michael1ee Member

download keyshot and export the model as an obj, its a realtime renderer and gives excellent results ive just downloaded it and highly recomend it, will make your renders look photo real with preset hdri

14. jeezluis

jeezluis New Member

Museum recpcionist, Bartender
    Hi,

I'm a noob at 3d modelling, and I think you model is pretty good, but I noticed a bump that is easily corrected where the mirroring welds as shown in the post picture, it's noticeable in the hdri image.
    Hope you find this useful.

luis

Attached Files:

JaGa22 likes this.
  15. JaGa22

JaGa22 New Member

PrePress Tecnichian
    thanks a lot for your comments guys,

jeezluis you're right, I also saw this bumps after I did the postpo but I didn't give it too much importance, however you've encouraged me to try to solve this little problem.

this is the result, I think is mejorable but... I can't wait to finish this project....

bye

Attached Files: