WZA contest: Last hope

I decided to join and i have quickly come up with a few ideas, which are all in my head haha.

my design will be a pick up kinda sports truck. i only got the basic shape up now.

sooner or later i will get some killer hardware on there. :)

I'm not sure how much I'll get done of this or even if I'll finish, but what the heck i might as well try. but you lot have to remember i ain't a pro at making stuff that amazingly good

Attachments

OK, so my work is going slow. there is not much detail yet, but i am going to be working my way from front to back adding hardware on one by one. The texture is just to make it colourful and the end ones will be better

Now: introducing my "universal serrated utility blade"
Front mounted, and only a defensive measure. Called the "Leg Chopper" or "ankle Decap" for short as well

Attachments

looks nice so far ... could you tell me how you;ve added blood to it ??
Hi, the blood was just a quick "noise" texture, really basic. i just added it to he diffuse box fiddled around with some of its settings.

Everone else, Thanks for the comments :p

NOW: Introducing the "Rotary Chainsaw" AKA "Get the F*** off my hood chainsaw set"

They still need to be mounted properly

Thanks for all the comments in advance

EDIT: i was in a rush and managed to place the chainsaws upside down left to right kinda thing. will fix it later :)

Attachments

OK, i am still working front to back on this and i still haven't done much in my eyes.

i think i might have overdone the short range weaponry, no?

But now: introducing my "peripheral knives set" for those who try and go around the car and flank

@Johnas- ye this is only the front of the car.... wait till the zombies see the back half :)
@Silent][Moebius - ye i will do, i had it in mind, but i haven't reached my window yet in my progress
@tom120934 - thanx

Attachments

Thanks for the comment Crazy 989. i will get some wipers on there soon i hope.

But a small update. have got that all important protection on the car now. hopefully it will be enough to stop all the zombie giblets hitting the car windshield. + i added some wing mirrors just in case you wanna look back and laugh at the now lacerated zombie limbs. :p

Attachments

KMyers-MG

lookin pretty cool..

The main issue I'm seeing on most of these cars is that the weaponry is mostly focused low effecting the "lower third" of a zombies body... We all know that you must destroy their brains to kill them.

Need to get some of the weaponry mounted at "average head height".

tom120934

Administrator
The main issue I'm seeing on most of these cars is that the weaponry is mostly focused low effecting the "lower third" of a zombies body... We all know that you must destroy their brains to kill them.
You're right about the way to kill them. But one can see his car not only as a killing device, but also as a transportation device. So the main objective can be not to kill zombie, but to reclaim them enough space and freedom to let the car progress.

By the way, the car start to look like an overkill. It's really well modeled, but I definitely don't want to face that car ;)

I love this chainsaws on the engine cover. NICE !!!
Thnks man, i like them too, :)

lookin pretty cool..

Need to get some of the weaponry mounted at "average head height".
I agree with you, and i will let you in on a little secret my friend. i was saving The BIG guns for last haha. and if it is any thing like my short range weaponry. it will be overkill also :)

You're right about the way to kill them. But one can see his car not only as a killing device, but also as a transportation device. So the main objective can be not to kill zombie, but to reclaim them enough space and freedom to let the car progress.

By the way, the car start to look like an overkill. It's really well modeled, but I definitely don't want to face that car ;)
You are half right and half wrong my friend. the melee weaponry is for just that, to let the car progress like a knife going through butter. However there will be guns on there. i mentioned earlier that i was working front to back. what i did not mention the back will hold all the guns. :p

about the overkill. haha, i am just well prepared i say

NOW: i have not done a weapon now, it is more lights. 6 infact and they are roof mounted. you can never be ceratin when you might be left out in the dark. i took the design from the sol tek ones they use on they Dakar 4x4 i think. but the middle is left empty because i will mount something in there, don't know what yet

Attachments

OK. Now i have started the main weaponry. here we have two mounted heavy machine guns, these will fire only in one direction as they cannot turn, but there will be another gun(s) that will be able to turn later on.
Next i will probably do the side of the car and finish the body up a bit more. i'll keep ya posted on da progress.

Attachments

Okie dokie people. i have another update with new Zonmbie killing weaponry, Behold my double automated rotary chainguns. they will be auto killing, thus they are unmanned. it will be mounted with some sort of heat vision camera or something like that. i haven't made the chain feed yet

But neways have a look. I have also started modelling some of the side of the car adding some details. More to come!

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
heat vision camera
Better to use motion sensor, as zombies doesn't emit any heat IMHO (remember, they're dead)

Nice couple of guns, I really like the idea of automation for them. And nice update, the car looks very good.