WZA contest: Last hope

You plan to kill full zombie population alone ? :)))

!!! Amazing killing machine m8 !!!
Ye pretty much sums it up! :) can never be too prepared.

Now you're talkin!! Nice updates
thanks, i was saving the best till last

if you have those bleds on the front fender like that ... how the door will open ??
Ah, i also noticed this little problem and i assume you are talking bout the bit that hits the seam of the door. thats a quick fix, I'll just need to reposition a little bit

Better to use motion sensor, as zombies doesn't emit any heat IMHO (remember, they're dead)

Nice couple of guns, I really like the idea of automation for them. And nice update, the car looks very good.
Thanks man, when i updated it was late, and i meant motion, the word wasn't coming into my head.

No worries, any motion would be balsted away with these SRSSM's (Short Range Surface to Surface Missiles)

Attachments

damn :| .. but i'll have to object ... those poles wouldnt support the weight of the rockets and the launcher
i was thinking the same thing also, i need to add more support around it, thanks man for the second opinion though, i will deffinitely add more support now.

tom120934

Administrator
I agree about adding some support to the rocket launchers.

Nice firepower here, I'm just not sure about the way the launchers are turned upward. I think that fighting against zombies is more a matter of close to mid range, and your missiles here are targeting too far away IMHO.

Keep us updated !

lol this is definitly a killing machine. Is everything on the car automated from inside the cabin? Like the Guns on the roof and the ones in the rear. If so do they rotate?

And finally my last nitpick is your HUGE sawblade, what turns the blade? I mean to cut through bone and to turn that blade its going to take some serious torque. It it some how connected to the driveshaft? Which now that I think of it where is the engine at?

Anyhow just some constructive criticism. You'll have to forgive me if this has been discussed I'm trying to get caught up on posts so I do little reading if I can help it.

Anyhow keep up the work.

I agree about adding some support to the rocket launchers.

Nice firepower here, I'm just not sure about the way the launchers are turned upward. I think that fighting against zombies is more a matter of close to mid range, and your missiles here are targeting too far away IMHO.

Keep us updated !
Hi, The launchers are fitted with short range ssm's, i mentioned earlier, however you may have a point about them being to angled. I'll see what i can do about it.
Thnx

lol this is definitly a killing machine. Is everything on the car automated from inside the cabin? Like the Guns on the roof and the ones in the rear. If so do they rotate?

And finally my last nitpick is your HUGE sawblade, what turns the blade? I mean to cut through bone and to turn that blade its going to take some serious torque. It it some how connected to the driveshaft? Which now that I think of it where is the engine at?

Anyhow just some constructive criticism. You'll have to forgive me if this has been discussed I'm trying to get caught up on posts so I do little reading if I can help it.

Anyhow keep up the work.
Thanks, Ye, the weapons are automated. the chainguns are motion sensored and the rest are fixed although they can be fired fron the inside of the cabin.

The sawblade, although i know will require huuge torque to tuen, is just mounted because the rules say it doesn't nessesatily have to be realistic. i'm not to technical to make a mechanism for it. sorry :)
About the engine. it is in the front.

and your questions are not bad, they are good constructive ones.

About my work, it has slowed down due to university. i was planning to put tank tracks instead of rear wheels on it. we will see how it turns out. as for now i do not have anything to post up.

OK, This is really Bad news. My HDD FAILED!!!! nooooooo! it is physically damaged not corrupted. i have to go back to my old computer.
I have lost all my WZA work and some other stuff, my pics, music and vids. Although i have a minority of it backed up. everything up to my C4WRX (i hope, but haven't checked yet) on my bros porable HDD
i was about to cry;..( I will not be able to finish this project that i was looking forward to completing.

I had just finished making the Rear end of the car with tank tracks for the rear wheels plus a new rear mount for those rocket launchers. I was gning to start the interior though. DAMN IT!

Really sorry to hear that, this was a car with great potential. Even worse for you is to lose the other stuff. When you get a new HDD I highly recommend getting an external HD to keep updated.

well, thanks for the concern mates, i am planning to get an external hdd now. my bros at uni with his external hd. He says he might have a copy of my 3d max files becuase he backed some of my computer stuff up. if he does have it it might be an early copy of my work. But i'll need to wait for him to come back home, whcih will be a week or two. so i'll tell you lot if i get recovered.

As far as the competition, i will follow everyone elses and hopefully give constructive crits from time to time. the competition is comeing along awesomely from the ones i have seen and everyone has got something unique which makes theirs speacial. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!

tom120934

Administrator
I'm always disappointed to read such stories.

I hope anyone who loved your work will keep your misadventure in mind : DO BACKUP, YOU FOOLS ! As I always say, a simple mail to yourself with the latest version of your .max/.blend/.whatever file is enough to solve the "very recent files" problem. Organizing all your important data in a simple folder and make sure to automate a copying process of it every week is mandatory.

I hope you'll get with another good idea to get back in the contest.

hmmmm i alway back up everything twice . once on a seperate hd on this pc and again on a seperate pc i use just for storing data. nothing worse than losing days of work

I'm always disappointed to read such stories.

I hope anyone who loved your work will keep your misadventure in mind : DO BACKUP, YOU FOOLS ! As I always say, a simple mail to yourself with the latest version of your .max/.blend/.whatever file is enough to solve the "very recent files" problem. Organizing all your important data in a simple folder and make sure to automate a copying process of it every week is mandatory.

I hope you'll get with another good idea to get back in the contest.
Good points you have there. will keep it in mind. I usually do back up things. The thing i had running in my mind was. this competition runs for 3 months, what could possibly go wrong? well obviously, death can come round any time. we know we cant back up life, but you can files. i should've done so.

I have a very good organised filing system on my pc, and i had backed up everything up to the end of 2007 onto this pc i am using now. The thing is, the one i was using for the competition was at uni so i found it difficult to transfere file between them.

hmmmm i alway back up everything twice . once on a seperate hd on this pc and again on a seperate pc i use just for storing data. nothing worse than losing days of work
I usually do the same. i got 2 backups of eveything. Its jus the frequency i do it. i need to do it more often. as i said earlier, the last lime i backed up was in december some time.
I usually back up on my bros computer and his ext HDD. he backs up on mine sometimes to. He's taken his Pc to uni, and i've taken mine to uni. The one i'm usin now is my old one at home as i come home for the weekends. some of my stuff is backed up here to

We'll i've learnt my lesson i think, next time i will do something like a weekly backup

If my bro has a copy of the WZA car i will rejoin. i don't have it on this pc, but i doubt hes got it to. I don't think i will rejoin as i fear i will not come up with something as quality as my last

Hopefully another competition will arise similar to this later on in the year (summer maybe). i will deff join in then