WZA Contest: "The Reaper"

greenvampire

Super Moderator
Ok, here goes then... rather slow progress but that's to be expected :(

It's a 1950 Buick Sedanette (think thats right),

I'm going for a Dawn of the Dead sorta feel with this, I want it to look as if its just been pulled out of a junkyard and prep'd for a sudden zombie invasion.... so expect rust, sheet metal, nuts , bolts, and everything in between.

It's main weapon is buzzsaw blades in the grill teeth, and spikes underneath the teeth... idea is that it will catch the zombies on the front and then chop em into pieces.
There is also some wip ideas for removing the head, but havent decided on them yet.

anyways, I'm going to build the car in its original state first, then turn it into the zombie killer "The Reaper"

as always constructive crit welcomed :)

Attachments

When you do start, it should be really nice. I really actually love the look of that car in the background of your picture. Its got a really old look too it, broken glass and missing grill etc.

greenvampire

Super Moderator
When you do start, it should be really nice. I really actually love the look of that car in the background of your picture. Its got a really old look too it, broken glass and missing grill etc.
cheers mate, that picture was my main inspiration....
I changed my ideas quite a few times from hotrods to a 50's mercury, but then I saw that pic and was like... I love that... it looks like it could eat the road! lol

I think the one in the background is a pickup truck, I might be wrong though

greenvampire

Super Moderator
thanks guys, will have updates 2nite,

tom, I totally agree! it was where the idea came from lol

im currently working with the phrase "I Eat Dead People" for the car lol

Looking good, Once you get that body done, you'll really get some comments becuase there is a lot of potential for detail in this car. I can see a really funky bumper that plays on the curves turning in to something ruthless looking towards zombies. Anyhow keep it up :)

greenvampire

Super Moderator
ok, not much to show for 4 hours work.....

I have re-built the back end 6 or 7 times tonight, and I am finally happy with it....

the blueprints aren't that detailed for the curvature, and photos of the car look more curved than they are because of the reflections.... so hopefully I have a nice middle ground! lol

input welcome on the shape, whilst I know its never going to be perfectly accurate, if you spot anything wrong then tell me :)

Attachments

greenvampire

Super Moderator
thanks guys, i'll get some more screenies with more progress on Sunday :)

I will be building this as standard first, then zombie-fying it :D so a bit longer to wait to see it killer style ;)

Greenvampire can you post wire of your model. I'm very intrested to see how you solve some edge situation on your car body. This is not espionage :) I still learning technique so i just ask if you can make some extra screenies.

THX m8.