WZA Contest: "The Reaper"

tom120934

Administrator
The pink one is indeed really hot. The paint looks so glossy, I love it.

The dices texture is a bit low res, maybe you should redraw it with a vectorized 2D software to get it perfect.

Keep us updated, you're doing great !

That's hot!! Great work man! I'm wondering if it would be anough to put one guy with a BFG in the black version to beat all zombies to their knees....very respectfull look it has:)anyways...i'm waiting for more work from Ya!Cheers Mate!

greenvampire

Super Moderator
OK then, a bit more Work towards "The Reaper".... Buzzsaw Blades! (anti-kickback tooth blades to be exact)

Ok, I thought it might be a bit of fun to start writing a story to go with my build progress, so sit back, grab a beer, and enter my fantasy land.........

---------------------------
:: The Story Begins :: 31st Jan 08 :: 21.15 hours ::

So, heres me, GV, living in Texas couple miles from a scrappy down the road...

I heard a knockin on my door, around midnight last night, went down to check it out.
got hold of my cricket bat, real tight, keep it by the door just incase.. ya' know?.
So I opens the door, find this half dead ****er, eyes like dowgs eyes, glazed white... he takes a swing at me, so I crack his skull with the bat.
Put's on the news, heres theres a mutated bunch of people goin round tryin to eat folk.... damn hippies.

the more I listen, and watch, the more I realise I need better shelter, and better weapons.
I figure old Joes scrappy yard is the closest, so I figure i'll go there.

Old Joe aint in, took the wrecker with him... my car packed up on the way here... hit one of those brain dead hippies.

I takes alook round the yard, theres a 50 buick sedanette sitting there, rusty, but looks ok... starts up too... handy.

Draged it back into the workshop, locked up behind me, Joe dont mind me using his place... me n him go way back.

I went snoopin see what I could find, looks like Joe took his guns... but theres some spare saw blades in the workshop, musta been for a tree cutter or something cause these is big soom biches.

Figured i'd put the blades in the grill, just gotta cut a section outa the bumper, fit a rod, and run a belt from the engine to drive them....

I'll report back soon, I'm gunna go see if I can find anything else....

*EDIT

You can keep track of the story here - :: The Reaper's Story :: by greenvampire

Attachments

lol man, cricket bats arent the best weapon, they're top heavy lol, only good for hitting 6's in the field :p but nice story, erm and I like youre saws, image is blurred tho

Hi dude, I like the rendering of the blades, but I think you should make little bit more contrast in case of blood stains. It will look more realistic, now some of them are like the water colored over the blades. But nice render thought. Cheers. Keep up good work.

greenvampire

Super Moderator
Hi dude, I like the rendering of the blades, but I think you should make little bit more contrast in case of blood stains. It will look more realistic, now some of them are like the water colored over the blades. But nice render thought. Cheers. Keep up good work.
not sure I get what you mean, do you mean more variation in blood stains? eg old blood, thick new blood,....
ro just to mix the ones ive done a bit better?

thanks for the input :)

greenvampire

Super Moderator
well, its been awhile since I updated... just been plodding along with it,

still working on it... easpecially the textures / bump maps.

Still gotta add more weapons, still thinking of some, but for now, enjoy :)

now, the story continues...

The Reaper’s Story – Entry Two – “Zombie Hippies”
:: Zombie Hippies :: 12th Feb 08 :: 16.00 hours ::

Well, I left off after just finding some sawblades, well… I gots those fitted, look like mean ass sum bitches.

I did some more digging round, and found piles of fireworks, Joe musta been stockin up! So, I figured I’d put some pipes comin outa the screen, so I could shoot ‘em into any crowds.

Anyway, I was listenin to the radio in the workshop the other day, and there’s a national state of emergency… apparently those hippies are called “zombies”.
Figured I better test out the Buick, see if the buzzsaws would work ok.. so went out and found myself a crowd of these “Zombies” … saw’s worked just fine… was rainin blood!

Got the car back to the workshop and started making more changes, gots a few more weapons lying around, but im gunna go get some sleep now, I’ll report back later….

------------------------
-------------------------

as always, you can keep up to date with the story here- GVGraphics - The Reaper Story

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
I just love the "tons of blood" style of your texturing job. Really different from what we've seen so far in this contest.

Keep us updated !

greenvampire

Super Moderator
I just love the "tons of blood" style of your texturing job. Really different from what we've seen so far in this contest.

Keep us updated !
cheers mate,
I figured.... if there was huge buzzsaws pointing upward.... plowing through even one zombie would pretty much rain a covering of blood down on the car.... not to mention the body parts I plan to add for the final renders :D